An alert message popping up when amending co-ords

Deepdiggingmole

A few times now I have seen this message pop up when I have made slight amendments to my cache locations (caches moved due to stuff happening in the area or the hide itself compromised so putting in a slightly different but better location - you know the usual stuff) 
Anyhow as in the example given below - I moved the cache 45 feet and this message - "this may alert a reviewer - state/province doesn't match the co-ordinates"

It was moved 45 feet along a footpath, not to a different county !!!!! the region and country have not been altered and this particular cache is miles away from the nearest county (UK) 
I don't doubt that the local reviewer will ignore these (if indeed they do get alerted) but surely this message should not pop up if a cache has only been moved a very short distance 

Is this a bug or is there a reason for it ?

Screenshot 2024-03-26 144436.jpg

Edited by Deepdiggingmole

Hmm, interesting. I had exactly the same on one I changed a few weeks ago, I only moved it 3m.  I know it's close to the boundary between Southern England and South East England but not close enough to have crossed the boundary AFAIK but didn't dig any deeper.

Seeing this I wonder if it is a bug in the system.

We saw the same message pop up when we relocated a cache about 80 feet; the message seemed weird, but even if a reviewer was notified, they would see the cache was only moved a short distance and the new coordinates DID match the state listed.  We submitted the changed coordinates and all is well - basically we ignored the message.  Still, it was unsettling to have it pop up when it clearly did not apply.

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 7:00 AM, Viajero Perdido said:

Aside from the unusual situation above, moving coords even a small amount tends to wake up the reviewer to do another proximity check.  I've seen many no-you-can't messages over the years.

I have moved several caches over the years - for a variety of reasons and mostly only a very short distance as in the example above  - however this pop up message is a relatively new thing.
I would have thought the system itself would tell you that you can't move to the new intended location due to proximity issues when you moved a cache - though knowing the locations of my caches I would also know if there would have been any proximity issues anyway - i just found it an odd message to appear for the short distance that it is and knowing there were no issues with the new location 

However more the issue - state/province doesn't match the co-ords - Yes, they do - the cache when placed had to have the region box ticked and this hasn't been changed so how is that these co-ords now dont match that information 

Edited by Deepdiggingmole