GeoGuessr and souvenir

For me there is no option to "redeem code". I go to that "annual" step and under "choose a payment method" I can only choose how I want to pay, no free trial. Tried this on two different phones (android), even created a new account to see if my real account is somewhat problematic. Same result. Also, never been premium before. In my screenshot there is payment through mobile provider method because I added it when I was looking for that mysterious redeem option, but it just tried to charge me money.

Updated my google related apps, still same.

I got a souvenir which I don't care about. But this "trial" is something I could actually use if I could redeem it somehow.

Screenshot_20240329-154550.png

Screenshot_20240329-154510.png

1 hour ago, 100akiu said:

For me there is no option to "redeem code". I go to that "annual" step and under "choose a payment method" I can only choose how I want to pay, no free trial. Tried this on two different phones (android), even created a new account to see if my real account is somewhat problematic. Same result. Also, never been premium before. In my screenshot there is payment through mobile provider method because I added it when I was looking for that mysterious redeem option, but it just tried to charge me money.

Updated my google related apps, still same.

I got a souvenir which I don't care about. But this "trial" is something I could actually use if I could redeem it somehow.

Screenshot_20240329-154550.png

Screenshot_20240329-154510.png

The instructions and the promo code are near the bottom of this page:  https://geoguessr.geocaching.com/

The screen shots on that page are tiny, but I think they're basically what I'm getting.  And at the bottom, I do have a "Redeem code" selection (I did not try to redeem a code). 

image.thumb.jpeg.8d8bc484176d3fa3a8fc4cbc182ae9c0.jpeg

It's a "Google Account Payment method".  Are you logged into an active Google Play account (able to make purchases)?

If you dig around in the FAQ, there are steps to enter the code in IOS if it doesn't work in the App, basically do it through iTunes.  You must have "the app installed", and must be on an IOS phone (in the case of redeeming it for IOS).

What happens if you do a similar thing on Android with Google Play?  You can try Redeem Code within the Play Store App.  However, that screen looks only slightly from the screenshot above.

If that doesn't work, there's a similar web link:

https://play.google.com/store/games?device=windows&code

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, RCN Sailor said:

I found all 10 locations with an avg of 4500pts. At the end I get the 10/10 but no TB code.

Is it reserved for premium members only?

I spend time to play, I`d like to get the souvenir...

What happens when you click on Finish Game?

Just did geoguessr for third time. There are two trackable codes. One you can find 10 times. I used a desktop with a mouse. After you guess a correct location you get a green update screen. The TB is on that page. Left corner.

Upon completion you get the other trackable number. 

Good luck. Lots of learning on this promotion.