Where to place Travel Bugs

dbrents

I found a cache a few days ago that was very large. Contained in the cache were several Travel Bugs that need to be moved along. 

I will be traveling out of state a couple of times this  summer and would like to find caches that are suited to accept Travel Bugs. 

What is the best way to identify such caches? Would simply filtering on the cache size (i.e. Large) be the best way or is there another identifier that may work better? 

Thanks for your help. 

6 minutes ago, dbrents said:

I found a cache a few days ago that was very large. Contained in the cache were several Travel Bugs that need to be moved along. 

I will be traveling out of state a couple of times this  summer and would like to find caches that are suited to accept Travel Bugs. 

What is the best way to identify such caches? Would simply filtering on the cache size (i.e. Large) be the best way or is there another identifier that may work better? 

Thanks for your help. 

I think filtering by cache size is the best way. However as the size may not be completely accurate, one thing I would look for is a list of past trackables from the geocache. That at least would give me an indication that the size does fit trackables.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, dbrents said:

I will be traveling out of state a couple of times this summer and would like to find caches that are suited to accept Travel Bugs. 

Maybe it's just me but I'm happy knowing my Trackables were safe in a cache.

Much more comforting than yet-another "I was gonna go outta state, but things happened..." we used to get when I ask about our Trackables. 

Cache size helps, and we like caches away from the easy 1-1.5 D/T hides that get found by new folks often.  No offense to new folks.   :D

Some are one-weekend warriors, little knowledge about the hobby, and that Trackable ends up a souvenir of their one-weekend outdoors.

We don't like Travel Bug "Hotels".  Many we found were a hoarder magnet or had an "excessively orderly" CO, but some people have had good experiences with them.  :)

• Upvote 1