Read the audit log

Nia

This is a function which is a part of a members only cache, which can, of course, only be done when you have charter membership.

I sure hope that something can be resolved with the membership payment thing soon.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

So its just 'members only" caches, which obviously our latest cache is.

I feel I need to explain why we made this cache "Members only" as it is certainly not our intention to deprive any genuine geocachers of doing it.

Out of 17 caches we have placed, 3 have been trashed and several have beeb sabotaged.

It is possible but very unlikely that the 3 trashed ones were just found by accident. But we feel that 2 of them could only be found via geocaching.com.

Hopefully the 'vandals' will not pay £20 to join but if they do at least we will have their £20.

Tech-no notice

[This message was edited by Nia on February 19, 2003 at 08:06 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

So its just 'members only" caches, which obviously our latest cache is.

[This message was edited by Nia on February 19, 2003 at 08:06 AM.]

Hello Nia, just out of curiosity you just said on a reply to a post of mine about Paypal that you have not yet been able to take out charter membership , through no fault of yours. The question is, can a non charter member view members only caches that they have placed themselves? and secondly how did you see who's viewed your cache

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

Hello Nia, just out of curiosity you just said on a reply to a post of mine about Paypal that you have not yet been able to take out charter membership , through no fault of yours. The question is, can a non charter member view members only caches that they have placed themselves? and secondly how did you see who's viewed your cache

Nige

we are Charter Members now.

the option to set a members only cache is only available to members.

When you set a members only cache, you then have the option to view all cachers who have viewed your cache page, numder of times they have viewed it and time of last viewing.

This is very nice.

A kind fellow geocacher paid for us, and we have sent him a cheque.

I feel if geocaching.com took VISA then they would have a lot more members, and we would have 'joined' 6 months ago.

Tech-no notice

I feel if geocaching.com took VISA then they would have a lot more members, and we would have 'joined' 6 months ago.

Tech-no notice

Thanks for that Nia, I payed last year with Visa

It wasn't a problem, I have put my new visa debit card details in to Paypal and they have been accepted, its just that I can't get it re-activated,

after I removed my expired card without putting the new one in first, I saw nowhere that said put the new card in BEFORE you remove the old card details, Paypal has now contacted me about the problem I am having to Re-activate it, but only gave me the info on how to join Paypal

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

This is a function which is a part of a members only cache, which can, of course, only be done when you have charter membership.

I was looking at a moc, Nia's actually, and I noticed that someone was "watching" it.

Now, you have to be charter to look at the page, so does this means that only charters can watch it, right? Also, can Nia see who's the person watching the cache?

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

I was looking at a moc, Nia's actually, and I noticed that someone was "watching" it.

Now, you have to be charter to look at the page, so does this means that only charters can watch it, right? Also, can Nia see who's the person watching the cache?

http://brillig.com/geocaching/http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/22008_1700.gif http://www.gpgeocaching.com/

I don't know who is watching but i guess its one of 18 people who has viewed the page, or is there another way to add it to a watch list?

Tech-no notice

quote:
Nia wrote:

I don't know who is watching but i guess its one of 18 people who has viewed the page, or is there another way to add it to a watch list?

Could it be you? You get automatic notification when there's a new log on your own cache pages. Does this count as "watching"? I haven't noticed any cache pages with no watchers (but I could simply have missed them), so I've assumed that the owner does count as a watcher.

Bill

quote:
Gary & Jane wrote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

Could it be you?

Bill

--------------------------------------------------

No, it's us.

Thanks! I'd been meaning to post a question about whether a cache owner counts as a watcher - now you've given me the answer! icon_smile.gif

Bill

OK I'ts working now!! Shame about the Merman's Cache. It sounded to me like a ranger or a keeper of the New Forest may have found his. If it had been trashed by a 'passer-by yob' my words, They would not have taken down all the indicators too.

Hope your's (Nia) lasts longer.

Looking forward to our visit this summer and doing some caches in the NF. We have an uncle who lives near Brockenhurst.

ttfn Jane

'Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!'

Eleanor Roosevelt

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

quote:
Nia wrote:

Could it be you? You get automatic notification when there's a new log on your own cache pages. Does this count as "watching"? I haven't noticed any cache pages with no watchers (but I could simply have missed them), so I've assumed that the owner does count as a watcher.

Bill

Yes the owner gets an email, but they dont 'count'. If theres no extra people watching the cache it won't have the "X account(s) watching this cache" line.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg