Travel Bugs - Who has clocked up the most miles?

Lassitudes Legionnaire (One of mine) has clocked up 23153 Miles and has been to NZ, Cananda and is currently in the USA. It will possibly appear in Oregon next (According to the person who has it).

Cheers

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

I had a bug with 8k on the clock Called Zippy, zippy was one of 3 bugs from the tv prog. Rainbow. They were on a sort of mission to travel all over and meet up again sometime.

Zippy as well as another bug went missing from the cache Sunrise in the USA.a while back. without Zippy the other two would not be able to achieve the goal that was set for them

So without hiding anything,Ihave resurected Zippy using the copy tag and he's been brought back to lifeand will appear again when I find a new lookalike of him, so to tell the truth this bug is not the origonal , but what was a man suppose to do?perhaps a cheating , and he will have 4000 miles on him with bringing back from the grave . I did think about putting him in the travel bug grave yard, but that would have spoilt it for the other two, So I have told you all what I have done. Hope you dont think badly of me, But would like some feed back.

NIge,

The Northumbrian is a member of The Geocaching Association of Great Britain

You have to get used to the fact that once your travel bug hits the USA then you will never see it again.

I think all five of mine that got to the States dissapeared. What annoys me is when people steal your travel bug (or the item that it is attached to) and then try to cover up by pretending to have left it in another cache.

Such is life.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

I've got a personal interest in Naomi Bear (daughter of Gulliver) as I was entrusted with starting her on her journey. In case you're not familiar with this little T/B, she belongs to a childrens home in Winchester and the kids follow her travels on the Internet.

Since I collected her at the Late Xmas shindig, she's travelled 7,061 miles and is now in the US. In that time, she's been through the hands of 12 different geocachers and only the first (me) and the last two have bothered to post any photos.

Come on, guys... how about giving the kids something to look at once in a while?

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

I've just looked through the TBs which I have had through my hands. Rivaldo started in Germany, I found him in Prague brought him to England, met up with him twice more during which time he crossed the Atlantic twice and is over in the USA again. He wants to get to Brazil! So far his mileage is 16830!

At the moment I am caring for Silver Ferrari 355 Spyder which has so far covered 12866 miles. He wants to go to racing car makers and F1 tracks, then ancient monuments. He has already been to Maranello and Norfolk (Lotus) and I aim to show him the Jaguar factory. Then maybe a transatlantic trip with my daughter as Machu Pichu is on his wish list.

Member Geocaching Association of GB

I've been delighted to watch the antics of Harry the Quacker Bug who was picked up from West Yorkshire by us (left there by TheCat I believe), and dropped off in Southern Spain, since then he has been flitting around Germany. I hope his young owner is enjoying this TB's travels. I know we are!

Oh, and totally agree with Pharisee - photos of TBs on their travels make it much more fun - especially when the TBs belong to kids.

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

Not in my book also. But It's there on the site and it seems its a bit of fun. A lot of people play along with it. But daft? Of cause looking for plastic boxes is not daft at all is it? icon_smile.gif

***NOT *** a member or suporter of Geocaching Association of GB

***NOT*** a Member of or Supporter of Geocaching Association of Great Britain******