The first UK cache?

Ok I know this question has probably been asked on these forums before but just wondering what the first cache in the UK was? and who planted it?

Also what was the first cache of you all? which was the one that got you into the sport? icon_confused.gif

For us it was View from Coombe Hill, just wondering what everyione elses was? icon_confused.gif

(Sory if I have brought up old topics again, Just find this interesting)

All the best,

Pid icon_biggrin.gif

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan and Pid)

The oldest currently is Scotland's First (GCF0) at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=240 hidden in Dec, 2000.

There may have been others earlier that were archived but probably not many as there were only 239 earlier caches hidden worldwide.

As for our first, it was also View From Coombe Hill (which holds the second oldest spot). A bit more of a drive between caches in those days icon_smile.gif

Ok, 10 metres. It's somewhere around here...

My first searched-for was Path to Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, which had vanished. Since it had been hidden in a gorse bush, I had to search through a lot of spiny branches before giving up icon_eek.gif.

My first find was Ben View, on a weekend drive out of town.

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

My First cache was

NIMBY but almost 14/8/2001

It was my father that got me into caching as he'd been doing it for about a year before we went to my first find . It took a while because of the tree cover but it got me hooked .

My First hidden was Foreign Xchange under my fathers ID , its been archived now though

[This message was edited by ukdean on July 15, 2002 at 04:15 AM.]

[This message was edited by ukdean on July 15, 2002 at 04:15 AM.]

Chase memorial on Cannock Chase.

I decided to try this after seeing a 'fun things to do with a GPS' on the GPSU web site. It was an alternative to just going for a walk. Took my sister and nephews (ABSA) and had a nice day out. As it was so interesting we also went to 'A king could hide here' and 'Bridal passion'.

What a alot has been done and seen since then!