Lists are Broken for Me. Please Help

rb2006

Because I have an excessive number of lists and/or list items I have been unable to use lists for at least a year. Is there a plan to fix this issue? Or can I get help in the future from customer support to help clean up my existing lists to the point that I can start using them again. What are the list limits: Max number of lists? Max number of items in a single list? Max number of items across all lists?

Are others in the same boat as me?

10 minutes ago, rb2006 said:

Because I have an excessive number of lists and/or list items I have been unable to use lists for at least a year. Is there a plan to fix this issue? Or can I get help in the future from customer support to help clean up my existing lists to the point that I can start using them again. What are the list limits: Max number of lists? Max number of items in a single list? Max number of items across all lists?

Are others in the same boat as me?

100 lists max;  1000 caches per list. That's all I know.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=7&pgid=283

I am a big fan of the list feature. I can't imagine not being able to use it for a year!

Edited by Max and 99

I’ve found that I haven’t been able to edit lists or delete caches from my lists over the last several days. Keep getting the following message: 

We had trouble loading your Lists.

Please try again by refreshing the page.

I only have about 10 lists created. Keep refreshing the page, but still get the same message. I use iOS operating system.

Edited by RobS72
  • Helpful 1
On 10/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, RobS72 said:

I’ve found that I haven’t been able to edit lists or delete caches from my lists over the last several days. Keep getting the following message: 

We had trouble loading your Lists.

Please try again by refreshing the page.

I only have about 10 lists created. Keep refreshing the page, but still get the same message. I use iOS operating system.

Groundspeak haven’t been able to get lists working with Safari for a year:

• Helpful 1
13 hours ago, barefootguru said:

Groundspeak haven’t been able to get lists working with Safari for a year:

It's just the other way round as all other browers do work as expected:

Apple haven’t been able to get Safari working with lists for a year.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, HHL said:

Apple haven’t been able to get Safari working with lists for a year.

Age old argument about browser compatibility (one I've had to wrestle with professionally since the 20th century). Two sides to the coin: On one hand, HQ is using a technique that Safari does not support; on the other hand, Safari is not supporting a technique that all browsers should support. Who's at fault? Ultimately if HQ felt it was worth the R&D they would find a way to code a method that does work with Safari, regardless of who's fault the problem is.

So, the answer is still, for now - use Chrome or Firefox and it'll be fine.

eta: that is to say, there's "no excuse" for not having it work with Safari, it's plenty capable to do the task. So there's likely a mitigating reason as to why HQ has still chosen not to invest in making it work in Safari.

Edited by thebruce0