accesible category

I am sorry to break my word of not entering the forum, but I will make an exception to comment on my case.
I asked wayfrog to include me in the "Accessible-Designed Recreational Locations" category to review the category, because of my professional background and for lending my help to a dead category that he had to approve for weeks.
I subsequently volunteered for other smaller categories, also dead, where my help has not been forthcoming. Not only that, a new reviewer comes along who carries hundreds of categories.
Now there are votes every two to three or deny WM asking for thousands of things that do not appear clearly or are the judgment of each one. Also voting to expel inactive members.
Sorry, I will not participate in this mafia farce of professionalizing WM as if it was the life in them requesting doctorates for long description and four photos minimum. It seems there are those who are unclear about idle activity, and are passing it on and everyone nods.
Therefore, I stop reviewing that category and if they introduce the same reviewer in Police Stations, also that one. I will think about Ginant letters later.
Then we'll all be happy. I will still have time to create and the rest of the community to continue to deify that wayfrog2.0 so that he can continue to control everything in his own way.

• Upvote 4
  • Funny 1

It's great that you want to help out with the dead categories, truly helpful. The accessibility category deserves a knowlegdable and active officer.

Our game is a free game (except for the Premium costs off course) where everyone who feels like it can join a category and help out as officer. This goes for you but also for the other officer you are complaining about. 

I found out that when I take some extra photos just to be sure, that only helps the waymark I create. Similarely, a good long description is what I strive to create. Some categories force you to come up with some gibberish though to meet the personal 3 line requirement :) 

Edited by Becktracker
Cone=come
  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

Thank you for brining this to light. I just checked and several of my previously approved waymarks are now revoked and in group votes. Which is a double standard since we all know we should not decline or re-review previously approved waymarks. There's the grandfather clause that I, and everyone should, abide by. There was a discussion several years ago and the consensus was to grandfather existing waymarks if new reviewers take over or if guidelines need to be updated.

Now, from what this sounds like (correct me if I am wrong) is that wayfrog must have appointed someone to review an unfamiliar category. Given their new authoritative powers, they unfairly went back and sent many waymarks into a group vote, not being aware of how the category operated in the past. I hope this isn't the case. I haven't looked too far deep into this recent issue, so I am unfamiliar with what exactly is going on here...but I can speculate base on previous similar issues we've had in the past.

What I recommend you do, if you are still an officer in the category, is to vote "approve" on all these votes and then set a vote to out the reviewer responsible for this. Unfortunately, with little involvement from HQ, Waymarking has turned into a hungry quest of power. Once power is in the wrong hands, that person could unleash chaos (as seen here). And I am speaking from experience that this has occurred several times in the past, specifically against me and other prolific waymarkers.

If this continues, contact HQ directly. They are usually quick to respond to emails. I can also step in if needed as this issue includes some of my waymarks.

Yes i agree, we should exclude officers who decline waymarks only to improve them. Boring people that only want to frustrate players and slow down race number.

You should fork this game and create a new one, a Waymarking light, with few requirements, title, coordinates and only one photo (even blurry or from 50 km no problem), and no description. No officers, no peer review, you could add all categories that you want, stop sign for example, to publish thousands of waymarks not interesting but who care !!! This will be your new game, the game of your dreams, a 100% YEA game with no vote.

How can you explain that when you publish quality waymarks, you have no problem with all officers ? And on the opposite when you make no efforts to publish quality waymarks, you have troubles with almost all officers ?

Why people publishing tons of poor quality waymarks are so arrogant and proud to make no effort and play only numbers ?

Why do they never try to change and improve their description and photos ?

I am not able to reply, but i am sure that you are able

I am looking forward to read your replies...

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Alfouine said:

Yes i agree, we should exclude officers who decline waymarks only to improve them. Boring people that only want to frustrate players and slow down race number.

You should fork this game and create a new one, a Waymarking light, with few requirements, title, coordinates and only one photo (even blurry or from 50 km no problem), and no description. No officers, no peer review, you could add all categories that you want, stop sign for example, to publish thousands of waymarks not interesting but who care !!! This will be your new game, the game of your dreams, a 100% YEA game with no vote.

How can you explain that when you publish quality waymarks, you have no problem with all officers ? And on the opposite when you make no efforts to publish quality waymarks, you have troubles with almost all officers ?

Why people publishing tons of poor quality waymarks are so arrogant and proud to make no effort and play only numbers ?

Why do they never try to change and improve their description and photos ?

I am not able to reply, but i am sure that you are able

I am looking forward to read your replies...

Truth be told, in my other WM I wouldn't demand so many things. If you weren't in it, it would be great.
I would only do a WM with good photos, if I put to vote or cancel published, I cancel all, not of who I want, etc.
In that different WM the only thing that would be nice is if YOU were not in it.
I liked WM when you didn't have so much power. Since then you are the only smug reviewer in the game.
Goodbye, keep waiting for replies I'm not reading anymore.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Ariberna said:

Truth be told, in my other WM I wouldn't demand so many things. If you weren't in it, it would be great.
I would only do a WM with good photos, if I put to vote or cancel published, I cancel all, not of who I want, etc.
In that different WM the only thing that would be nice is if YOU were not in it.
I liked WM when you didn't have so much power. Since then you are the only smug reviewer in the game.
Goodbye, keep waiting for replies I'm not reading anymore.

Alfounie is one of the better reviewers. He always gives insightful feedback and is fair in reviewing. I'm sorry you disagree with him, but I can assure you he doesn't mean any wrongdoing. Perhaps this incident was a misunderstanding and I hope this doesn't discourage you from the hobby.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bluesnote said:

we should not decline or re-review previously approved waymarks

With regard to that, I just now re-reviewed and declined a WM that I had approved. Following a few moment's thought I decided that I shouldn't  have let that one slide, re-reviewed it and declined it.

I'll admit that one is quite likely outside the collection of WMs to which you appear to refer, but it serves to point out the fact that there certainly ARE times in which a WM is deserving of reappraisal.

2 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Yes i agree, we should exclude officers who decline waymarks only to improve them.

As for this, Thierry, I hope I don't understand your true meaning here. We have created several categories in recent years which, in the requirements, are spelled out in detail what is expected in order for approval to transpire. As a result I/we have had to decline many WMs which fell short of the requirements, in order to IMPROVE THEM. I doubt that is exactly what to which you refer, but that's certainly not clear in your quoted sentence above.

2 hours ago, Alfouine said:

you could add all categories that you want, stop sign for example

As a humorous aside, Thierry, I have actually managed to Waymark a Stop Sign :lol:

1 hour ago, bluesnote said:

Alfounie is one of the better reviewers. He always gives insightful feedback and is fair in reviewing. I'm sorry you disagree with him, but I can assure you he doesn't mean any wrongdoing. Perhaps this incident was a misunderstanding and I hope this doesn't discourage you from the hobby.

And here I agree with Adam. Thierry  is just one more officer who constantly strives to do his best when reviewing Waymarks!

My only comment here would be to settle down and dial it back a bit (both Ariberna AND others). Any animosity which takes place here I am willing to attribute to the current political and cultural climate, which, in my observation, has deteriorated substantially in the past decade (or more). My advice would be to adhere to your long time learnings and beliefs regarding the treatment of others and, above all, to observe THE GOLDEN RULE!  That's just not that hard to accomplish!!!

I've been in the game for over 11 years now, first as BK-Hunters, then T0SHEA, then ScroogieII (long story as to why - some of which some of you know, all of which a few of you know) and I've never really had any issues of note with any Waymarkers (though I've declined a piss pot full of Waymarks in my time [two just today, AAMOF]) or with Category Officers, nor, for that matter, our Wayfroggie. Though I'm forced to admit that our Wayfroggie once gave me a warning for my conduct on this very forum (I assume three strikes and you're OUT), the Wayfroggie and I have always had an amicable relationship, which remains to this day.

So, please try to remember that what happens to you today vis a vis Waymarking is, in the entire context of your brief time on this planet, not terribly important, hence not worth blowing a gasket over.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1