Can no longer see number of people watching a cache

1962penny

Hello all, 

I tried searching for this before posting but came up empty. I noticed the little “Watch” button which also shows the number of people watching the cache is not present anymore when I visit the website! Does anyone know if this button was removed, or could this just be a website issue in my end of some elements not loading (everything else is present on the page). 
thanks. 

B45FEE3B-4FB2-4A94-BE14-7AEFB5DA5DAD.jpeg

• Funny 1
Just now, capoaira said:

I can see the Button, but when I watch the page loading, it appears later then the others. 

On your screenshot it looks like there is another section. Did you have a script running? May this is the reason for the missing button.

Same here.

No script. Most of the time there is no watch button but once I saw it appear later. 

'Watch' appears almost instantly for me. I like that feature. One good thing about it is, that sometimes when a cache hasn't been found for awhile, it's helpful to look at how many people are watching the cache. A number of times I have noticed that the cache had several people watching it. Likely indication of DNFs. The cowards were too scared to log the first DNF. "What will people think of them :huh:!" 

I once made the first DNF on a cache after six months of no logs. On previous cache history there should have been 20 - 25 logs during that time. I made the comment that I expect another DNF soon. Yep, after the first DNF, another appeared three days later. The CO checked, and the cache was missing. Helpful feature 'Watch". Lots of people watching an ordinary cache and no finds for awhile, the CO should go check it.

Edited by Goldenwattle
  • Upvote 3
  • Surprised 1

I can see the Watchers “button” on my geocaches, but it doesn’t open the link when I click on it. I’m using Chrome and Safari (both home computer and iPhone are acting the same way). I checked an old cache of mine that I was able to see the Watchers on, and nothing.  Is this a known bug or how do we report the issue?

2 hours ago, Deety said:

I can see the Watchers “button” on my geocaches, but it doesn’t open the link when I click on it. I’m using Chrome and Safari (both home computer and iPhone are acting the same way). I checked an old cache of mine that I was able to see the Watchers on, and nothing.  Is this a known bug or how do we report the issue?

Cache owners have never been able to see who is watching their caches. PMO (premium member only) used to have access to an audit log that showed who had viewed their caches on the web, but that was removed several years ago for privacy reasons (in addition to the fact that it only tracked web views, not app views).

• Upvote 2