3 or 4 x Jasmer

Picht

55 minutes ago, Memfis Mafia said:

Second, how were you able to generate that list? I have been curious as it is something I am working toward and know some that are already on the list. 

I used GSAK/the API to download the logs for the four (ten, if you include the archived ones) August 2000 caches. Then I queried (GSAK's) database for the usernames of the players who had logged at least four of those caches, which narrowed down to a list of ~100ish potential quad-Jasmer qualifiers. From there I checked manually (via a custom PGC checker) to identify the true quad-Jasmer achievers.

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 3/1/2023 at 3:41 AM, thebruce0 said:

If anyone's curious about achieving the 5th and 6th Jasmer grids - and why it's no longer possible (unless you already found archived oldies) - my podcast last month had an interview discovering the strategy (love it or hate it) used :)gaming the game

I was curious so listened in. It was really interesting.... but it seems like those 2 virtuals were not Aug 2000 but in fact Aug 2002 anyway. There seems to be more to this twisted tale - changing hide dates to suit?!

As I recall, the hidden dates had been changed to 2000, and that's when TTO2 decided to find them and statistically earn the Jasmer count.  They've since been changed back to 2002.  There's another cache or two on that oldie list that is arguably illegitimate as well with relevant changes since actual original publishing. But with old caches from those first couple of years and very little information stored with their activity back then, it's not surprising there's some confusion; and whether one goes by strict statistical numbers or ethically sound conscience about what is "legitimately old", well your mileage may vary :)  TTO2 said they were in it to ruffle feathers, and they did. He doesn't care that he's back down to 4 now.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:10 PM, Hügh said:

I used GSAK/the API to download the logs for the four (ten, if you include the archived ones) August 2000 caches. Then I queried (GSAK's) database for the usernames of the players who had logged at least four of those caches, which narrowed down to a list of ~100ish potential quad-Jasmer qualifiers. From there I checked manually (via a custom PGC checker) to identify the true quad-Jasmer achievers.

so just to check - from the information you have  - only 100 ish people have completed the true quad  jasmer ? -  just want to check before i state this in another post i was thinking of quoting in 

i am only 3 away once this months are done 

• Helpful 1
6 minutes ago, Clongo_Rongo said:

so just to check - from the information you have  - only 100 ish people have completed the true quad  jasmer ? -  just want to check before i state this in another post i was thinking of quoting in 

i am only 3 away once this months are done 

Good luck! What are the candidates for you to complete it?

57 minutes ago, Clongo_Rongo said:

so just to check - from the information you have  - only 100 ish people have completed the true quad  jasmer ?

Almost certainly, yeah. Maybe a bunch of qualified since I last checked but I doubt we've jumped to 1,000s of qualifiers at this point.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Clongo_Rongo said:

i am expecting to get the Dec 2000 ones in a few months time and the Utah next year once the snow has gone

Month Cache
Aug-00 Not yet found
Dec-00 Not yet found
  Not yet found

If you fly into San Fransisco you can probably knock off your Dec ones in half a day depending on your walking speed. https://coord.info/GCD6 & https://coord.info/GCD2 both are pretty short but vertical walks as I recall. Bring a lunch not a lot of places out there or venture into Redwood City or Palo Alto. 

Potters Pond is one of my all time favorites, make sure you give plenty of time for the snow to melt even in June, hate for you to get close. Wish I had camped there.

• Helpful 1
On 2/19/2023 at 7:08 PM, thebruce0 said:

It's unlikely to exist, at least post-moratorium, mainly because there's now a requirement to be 'reasonably attainable'

There are some really cool challenges that are unpublishable. You can always have challenges posted outside of challenge cache pages. We're talking things like local geocache pages, or a forum thread here.
Quite a few challenges I've tried to build like Venn5, Bigger better, and 12 days of Christmas were unpublishable since they were not 'reasonably attainable' or were 'bookkeeping exercises'. 

Cache advance does something like this with a geo-challenge of the month. sometimes it is something like, 'find a geocache near a boat' that would never be publishable as an official challenge page.