Cache Crate Trackable promotion

Max and 99

1 hour ago, Corp Of Discovery said:

Got an email saying I was awarded one of theses today.

Good news- first time in a while I've been awarded one.

Bad news- the email came to me but is addressed to another cacher...

Heard reports I'm not the only one either.

Darn, I didn't actually read the email till I saw your post here ... and mine is addressed to someone else as well. I'll be happy if I get one, but not disappointed if I don't.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Corp Of Discovery said:

Got an email saying I was awarded one of theses today.

Good news- first time in a while I've been awarded one.

Bad news- the email came to me but is addressed to another cacher...

Heard reports I'm not the only one either.

Geocaching HQ is aware of this issue, and is looking into how best to fix the problem.

• Helpful 2

Interesting - I got the email stating I was receiving a Cache Crate travel bug, but we were traveling and I didn't look closely, and figured we'd be home before it arrived and I'd have time to figure out the requirements and all later.  I checked after reading this thread, and sure enough, although it came to my email address, it was sddressed to a different geocacher!

I got a second email today - apologizing for the mixup, and apparently I WILL be getting a trackable at some point in the future months) once they produce a second run.

Part ofthe text I received today...

As you may have guessed, the email you received yesterday about winning a trackable was caused by a glitch in our mailing list. Unfortunately, your name was not initially selected to receive a Cache Crate™ trackable. ...Now, the good news. We are going to fix our mistake and you will receive a Cache Crate trackable, though the process will take a few months.

The email didn't say if I was going to be required to log and hashtag it, and all that as the original was to be. Guess I just wait and see!

• Upvote 1
On 11/23/2022 at 8:14 PM, CAVinoGal said:

Interesting - I got the email stating I was receiving a Cache Crate travel bug, but we were traveling and I didn't look closely, and figured we'd be home before it arrived and I'd have time to figure out the requirements and all later.  I checked after reading this thread, and sure enough, although it came to my email address, it was sddressed to a different geocacher!

I got a second email today - apologizing for the mixup, and apparently I WILL be getting a trackable at some point in the future months) once they produce a second run.

Part ofthe text I received today...

As you may have guessed, the email you received yesterday about winning a trackable was caused by a glitch in our mailing list. Unfortunately, your name was not initially selected to receive a Cache Crate™ trackable. ...Now, the good news. We are going to fix our mistake and you will receive a Cache Crate trackable, though the process will take a few months.

The email didn't say if I was going to be required to log and hashtag it, and all that as the original was to be. Guess I just wait and see!

I got this same set of emails. However, My wife who caches under a different name just got one in the mail, but she got no email.

4 hours ago, qqnonrev said:

Just got a third email saying oops, another error, discover this code while you wait.

Samer here, and looking at the trackable page, so did many others.  Still no trackable, though.  

There’s been a further delay with your Cache Crate™ trackable. 
We’re sorry to report that there was another mix-up with the mailing list. We’re doing everything we can to remedy the situation and have placed an order for more tags. In short, we expect to ship your trackable in 6-8 weeks.  
In the meantime, here is a special Cache Crate™ code for you to discover! 

https://coord.info/TBAF9QH