Garmin 76 to Garmin 76

TEAM KFWB GPS

In the days before the Garmin 76 units, you used to be able to run a cable between two Garmin uits and exchange iformation from one Garmin to another.

With the Garmin 76, this very useful feature was eliminated. Now this operation has to be done with the use of a computer.

Are there other cachers out there who would like to have this feature retained - or how about done with infra-red and no cables at all?

We have two vistas. One older one that came with some really good regional maps. The other one is newer and just came with the base map. I wanted to transfer the maps from the older to the newer, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I emailed Garmin. I guess we have to buy $200 worth of maps from them inorder to do that with mapsource icon_mad.gif! I would absolutely love to be able to transfer them directly, because I'm not terribly impressed with Garmin's maps of Canada.

No hiking boots yet... it's on my list.

I must admit though that my running shoes don't do too badly in the Canadian mountains / trails. Ask Jomarac5, he's seen my runners in action. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by RobertM on March 02, 2003 at 12:37 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjames:

While your at it why don't we make some so thet the team can just send out their cache information via email/text messaging right to the handset.

Just give 'em your #!! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on March 02, 2003 at 08:13 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM KFWB GPS:

In the days before the Garmin 76 units, you used to be able to run a cable between two Garmin uits and exchange iformation from one Garmin to another.

With the Garmin 76, this very useful feature was eliminated. Now this operation has to be done with the use of a computer.

Are there other cachers out there who would like to have this feature retained - or how about done with infra-red and no cables at all?

Well the Rinos can send waypoints this much I have figured. It also allows you to find other Rino users in the area and tells you exactly how far away they are and their bearing from you. If you want to sent a waypoint to them it takes some practice and you can send only one waypoint at a time. Thanks Rg icon_wink.gif