Member Banning

Wonder if it's possible to get a member banned? I've got a local teen who with some friends have discovered caching and are going around stealing, vandalizing or removing TB's from them. Pretty well admitted to me they were doing it. So far two TB's stolen. Very frustrating.

Edited by klr4evr
  • Funny 2
8 minutes ago, klr4evr said:

Wonder if it's possible to get a member banned? I've got a local teen who with some friends have discovered caching and are going around stealing, vandalizing or removing TB's from them. Pretty well admitted to me they were doing it. So far two TB's stolen. Very frustrating.

It's possible. 

1 hour ago, klr4evr said:

Banning one of them is like a band aid over the issue. That will just make them do it all the more by getting a new screen name. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, klr4evr said:

I'd be sure to have real evidence...

When we started, a cache maggot was stealing ammo cans.  Most locals hit all hides in the area, and for us they were all new.

We'd mention DNF or NM, and the COs would find their caches missing.  Others noticed caches missing after we logged.

We went through $&#@* with all the harassment from "fellow cachers", and we were the subject of quite a few events.  

Those cerberus thieves... we should look into getting them banned...    The other 2/3rds was in tears a lot, and wanted to quit this stupid hobby...

Well, I caught the cache thief with an ammo can in his pack. Let his name (real and cacher) be known at all local cache groups.

Odd that not a single person ever apologized to us.  Go figure...

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

When we started, a cache maggot was stealing ammo cans.  Most locals hit all hides in the area, and for us they were all new.

We'd mention DNF or NM, and the COs would find their caches missing.  Others noticed caches missing after we logged.

We went through $&#@* with all the harassment from "fellow cachers", and we were the subject of quite a few events.  

Those cerberus thieves... we should look into getting them banned...    The other 2/3rds was in tears a lot, and wanted to quit this stupid hobby...

Well, I caught the cache thief with an ammo can in his pack. Let his name (real and cacher) be known at all local cache groups.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking along that line. I been caching for a while and I know how some geocachers are... assuming things. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

For sure!