'Caches along the route' but with specific stopping points

I have tried to use the caches along the route feature but I want to see if I pick specific spots to do the caches. I take the bus, so I was thinking that I would like to have specific points where it would show the caches nearby, but only at the bus stops (within like 5 km).

Is there any way to do this without creating a pocket query for each of the stops?

• Funny 1
14 hours ago, psychpineapple said:

Is there any way to do this without creating a pocket query for each of the stops?

Another possibility would be to view your stops in the geocaching map, choose a few caches at each stop, and add them to a bookmark list. But you'd have to view each stop individually.

• Upvote 1
On 5/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, psychpineapple said:

I take the bus, so I was thinking that I would like to have specific points where it would show the caches nearby, but only at the bus stops (within like 5 km).

The way I would do this is to use GSAK (an approved Geocaching API partner). 

With GSAK, you can easily use the "Get Caches" feature, pulling the bus stop coordinates right off of the GSAK-provided map, and selecting a radius of your choice for each set of coordinates.  Far simpler than trying to make a bunch of PQs where you have to externally look up coordinates, then transcribe them to the PQ editor---not to mention having to go back and delete the PQs later, or be limited to ten PQs a day.

Another approach, using GSAK, would be to create an empty database named something like BusTrip.

Then go to each bus stop and use GetGeocaches centred on each stop and save each settings with a name beginning with the database name.  E.G.  BusTrip01 etc.

Once you have saved all the settings, run GetCachesByDatabaseName.  This will automatically pick up all the settings and run them one after the other.  It allows different settings for each stop?  Maybe a 1Km radius around stop 1, 5 Km radius around stop 2 and a rectangle around stop 3.

• Funny 1