What is your default excuse you give to muggles who ask what you are up to or if you need help?

DARKSIDEDAN

I'm always with one or two smaller kids, so we are rarely asked. I did tell a pair of ladies what we were doing before the kids scooted under the picnic table they were sitting out, and plucked a nano out from just about between their legs! Kids do come in handy caching.....

• Funny 1
8 hours ago, Ministro said:

I simply explain I'm going Geocaching!

It depends on how much time I have for explanation.

Me: "I'm Geocaching."

They:  "Geo-WHATsit?!"

Me:  [explanation ensues]

They: "Oh, yeah, I've heard of that."

But I usually allow their own imagination to run wild.  I won't be able to dissuade people from their first impression.

I emerged from a swamp onto a trail, and someone was right there, and asked me "Did you catch any snakes?"  He decided that's what I was doing.

Me:  "No snakes today".

Sometimes I admit the truth. Other times some other excuse, such as admiring the artwork, as when caught in an alleyway by a graffiti artist who wanted to know what I was doing. He seemed pleased and we had a conversation about it. Some of the graffiti we discussed:

1577940761_Graffiti3.thumb.jpg.ef7cf8e1ac853bae5bb4965ca9a255f8.jpg

Another person who had spotted me under a bridge where there was graffiti, made the excuse for me. Fortunately I had also been photographing the graffiti. As I emerged he was standing there with his dog, which he had been walking.

He said, "Someone else looked at you strangely, but I knew what you were doing. You were photographing the graffiti. I like it too."

Then followed another conversation about the graffiti. (And I found the cache.) Some of the graffiti.

1980124663_Graffiti1.thumb.jpg.b7a16a1972d8fdfcebd8a549a0cf4c4f.jpg

2070670889_Catamonggraffiti2.thumb.jpg.8ebf8e9d421ef6f4466ab311e116c8d5.jpg

934267609_Graffiti2.thumb.jpg.4e1e47ce22d115a897493e3681559580.jpg

Another, completed unrelated; added just for fun :D

image.png.d6bff0355b8bac6758dda3aeb5ec19f2.png

Edited by Goldenwattle
  • Love 1