Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Valentine's Day power caching weekend update...........brag, brag, brag! :mad: We managed to grab 125 caches, passing both 500 and 600 in the same weekend.

Caching in the desert is very fun! We even put the AWD to a few tests. Lots of different cache styles and we learned a few new tricks so beware.

Thanks for the congratulations here on the forums and a special thank you to Wheeler Dealers for a great weekend, two caches dedicated to our visit, and wonderful hospitality!

Sanruft, the date change for your event makes it possible for us to attend. See you all there!

WOW! Congrats on that power caching weekend! That s some serious caching in one weekend!

We are very glad that you can make the event! See you there!

I would be out with my loved one today Camel680, but we broke up about 2 weeks ago.  Rough stuff.  :huh: Its a shame cuz she liked geocaching.  Well anyways I was deciding to go find a couple today because I have the day off work, but coming home from school in modesto changed my mind.  It was decent weather there, but once I hit Manteca it was so dreary I decided to just stay home and do homework.  Fun valentine's day huh.

Motown's greatest hits sounds fun.  I hope I have that day off.  I most likely won't though because I requested for that sunday off because I'm going to an Alicia Keys concert in Oakland.  Maybe they'll give me a break that weekend and let me take two days.  It sure is hard working 40 hours a week, going to school full time and finding time to cache.  :mad:

Sorry to hear about the recent break-up Nobleman...I hope all works out ok!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be alright. thanks for the concern though sanruft!

Anyone look at the updated regulations?

Caches near or under public structures deemed potential or possible targets for terrorist attacks. These include but are not limited to .........., elementary and secondary schools, .....

We shall call this rule the CAMEL680 rule! :)

Cute...I remember when it wasn't so funny!!!

:rolleyes::):)B)B)B)

I hope to see everyone there!

Speaking of...... This just In! MoTown's Greatest Hits Is officially an event. It has now been approved! Hope to see you all there.... we have some good games planned for the event! plus we are spending some great time working on some challenges. Plan on attending! It will be great fun!

:rolleyes: Not many sign-ups yet....hmmmm....testing, testing...Is this thing on?? :):)

Actually I think your right! Because my dad wanted to download some caches in the Davis area to cache and I was trying to dowload the PQ for him and it kept sending me caches from San Diego...I even double checked the coordinates!

I had the same issue this weekend. I went to Anaheim and it sent me caches about 100 miles away. ;)

Hey, CVCers! For those of you who like to drive far for your caches and dinner:

The big surprise planned for the next BADGES event (South Bay this time), has just been confirmed. Local show, Bay Area Backroads, will be airing a piece on geocaching during our dinner time. We have arranged with Brittania Arms to watch it on their big TV. You'll see some of the BADGES organizers as they take host Doug McConnell geocaching around San Francisco. We're expecting the piece to be a very positive overview of geocaching in the Bay Area. Be sure to sign up for the dinner if you haven't yet done so.

Not many sign-ups yet....hmmmm....testing, testing...Is this thing on??  :D  :D

Yep..it's on.

I haven't posted yet, but a few Sharks might be heading down for the event.

My dad can't make it but I might be able to if I can get a ride with Don or Peter.

I am sure that you will find a ride to our first event!! :huh::o:o

I will be spending one week in Sacramento in march. Do you have some "must do" caches in that area?

I won't name any that are "must do".

We have many that are real good and a fair share of crappy ones.

There are lots of caches in Sacramento and nearby communities.

You can get your fill in the downtown area, Folsom and Roseville.

Some of the best caching is along the American River bike trail.

Do you know what area of Sacramento? Downtown, north, south area?

Will you have access to a bike?

I suggest you run your PQ's for the area, read the logs and do a little homework.

I will be spending one week in Sacramento in march. Do you have some "must do" caches in that area?

Many greetings from Berlin, Germany

Tapir

If you plan on traveling South about 75 miles, there are several that are VERY good.

Also, if you are here on the 19th of March, you are formally invited to our caching event - "Motown's Greatest Hits". (We may even have a few travel bugs heading back to Germany!) :(

Just got home from work. I am glad to say that we hired some new people, so I will have more time to hunt. i have next weekend off, and the following saturday... Too soon to tell, but if this trend continues I will be attending Motown's Greatest Hits. I hope the weather is better next weekend! :(:):):(

Oops! Put this on the wrong heading so moved it here for the CVC;

Z & I went out for a few caches yesterday & thought we might as well go for a challenge as well. :) We located Revenge, Sweet Revenge! a true classic Streeter Hide. :) We can't believe we are only the 9th team to log this bad boy & that it hasn't been found in over 2 years! :) It is a challenging cache & the surrounding hills are a beautiful lush green this time of year with cascading perennial streams flowing, so now would be an excellent time to go for this one! I can see why this cache gave so many people headaches! :ph34r: Luckily time & experience gave us alittle advantage. :lol: Also, a big thanks to Brute Force for confirming that the cache was most likely still there after all this time! :) A nice outing was had by all!

Sal & Z

FYI. Plan to attend this, even if you're not sure if you'd be in the Fallen Rally. It should be a mini-blast.

Subject: gbes coming to sacramento

hi rally participants:

due to the overwhelming responce after mentioning a sacramento area

training session for this year's rally we've decided to bring as many

reno/carson city/fallon cachers with us to make it a party.

we've yet to decide on a location, but you can count on it to take

place on saturday, march 12, sometime around midday.

as soon as we get a location narrowed down we will let you know.

we hope this works out for as many nor.cal. cachers as possible.

we'll submit an event cache form when we have a venue secured.

cache you later.

monty wolf

That's one more posting, Tim. BTW, Thanks for making those Web Caches happen. IOU!

If you plan on traveling South about 75 miles, there are several that are VERY good.

Also, if you are here on the 19th of March, you are formally invited to our caching event - "Motown's Greatest Hits". (We may even have a few travel bugs heading back to Germany!)  :D

Too bad on the 19th will be my flight back to Europe. But thank you for your invitation!

Travelling south shouldn't be a problem because I will stay in the Elk Grove area and plan to travel southbound anyway.

So did you think of any certain VERY good caches?

Also, if you are here on the 19th of March, you are formally invited to our caching event - "Motown's Greatest Hits". (We may even have a few travel bugs heading back to Germany!)  :rolleyes:

Too bad on the 19th will be my flight back to Europe. But thank you for your invitation!

Travelling south shouldn't be a problem because I will stay in the Elk Grove area and plan to travel southbound anyway.

Well I have my personal favorites listed. Not positive that all of them are stilla ctive. But here is the list.

Camel's Favorites

These are some of the caches I think are the Very Best around here.

Edited by Camel680

Also, if you are here on the 19th of March, you are formally invited to our caching event - "Motown's Greatest Hits". (We may even have a few travel bugs heading back to Germany!)  :rolleyes:

There are some very good ones down here. Watermark is excellent. Black Water is another one. There are sooo many, you can't go wrong coming this way! <_<

I emailed a welcoming on CVC's behalf - and included several must hunts.

Thanks everyone for the pat on the back. I can't believe how many newer cachers have beat me to 500 and beyond. Slow but sure - I'm racking them up and enjoying each one along the way.

BTW, since no one has hunted National Treasure - Ripon in the entire month of February, I'm thinking about removing the M.O. requirement. Or has this cache been neglected due to all that rain I heard about?! I know of only one cacher that was shopping for the tool. I have a lead on a source if anyone's having troubles finding them (for under five bucks with tax). I also have some loaners for the asking. :P

Edited by Green Achers

I emailed a welcoming on CVC's behalf - and included several must hunts.

Thanks everyone for the pat on the back. I can't believe how many newer cachers have beat me to 500 and beyond. Slow but sure - I'm racking them up and enjoying each one along the way.

The good news Bill is that you are doing it and smelling the roses a little more than some of us are. There are times while out caching that I forget to do that myself.

Edited by Camel680