lookin foro colorado springs geocachers

Madhatt

My husband and I will be traveling to Co. Sprgs in July to visit my brother and introduce him to the addiction...I mean hobby. I don't have a Rino, just an Etrex Vista (just gave him a li'l yellow Etrex). Most of the caches I've seen in the area are virtuals. I hope there are some more traditional types, too.

Life's a journey, not a destination.

Hey man I live in Colorado Springs, but I am deployed now. I will be back in mid july so if you want to go on a hunt or two I am up for it.

GPSaxaphone I just got finished reading your quote in that geocache news story out of New Mexico.. Way cool dude!

Interesting quote on this persons website,

http://www.madhatt.com/Pages/3rdman.html

quote:
We need a 3rd man. Mike and I are looking for a third person to help carry the load when camping/climbing. Location: Colorado springs. No Psycho's, military, or cops.

It sure is nice to live in a free country protected by the police and the military. It allows you the freedom to think that your freedom is not a product of those that protect. Ah the naiveté of youth.

Yeah Andy, looks like we won't be able to do a couple geocaches together after all, since I have been lumped into your group of 'psychos, military, or police'. Pretty screwed up of you pal. Enjoy your ability to get a nice rest tonight, provided by you local law enforcement and U.S. Military.

My wishes of who I hang out with are my own, Duc996 kinda turned things into what there not.Don't get mad at me for my feelings. I never once attacked the fact that you die for my beliefs.

I did not imagine that such a small thing would turn into something that's effecting this game. I have deep respect for the military, and thing that duc996's hidden caches look pretty difficult. Because of this I have removed the statement from my website and hope that who ever has been affended can get over it.

Lighten up! this is just a game

[This message was edited by Andy in Colorado on July 17, 2003 at 05:34 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=79012 Come to the C.A.C.H.E. picnic July 26 at Burning Bear campgrounds. We would like to get as many Colorado cachers as possible. post a note on the above like if you think you will come.

Michael

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

[This message was edited by Lapaglia on July 16, 2003 at 02:28 PM.]

Here are the directions to the July 26th picnic.

Location Burning Bear Camp Ground.

From Denver take 285 to Grant. Burning Bear Campground is located

approximately four miles northwest of the small town of Grant,

Colorado. Drive north from Grant on County Road 62 to reach the

campground.

Mapquest says the drive time is about 1 hour 30 minutes from the site

of out spring meeting. I make it closer to to hours. It is a pretty

plave at 9500 ft. Well worth the drive. Hope to see you all there

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

I've said and done things in my life that have offended other people. I've had a long conversation with

quote:
Andy in Colorado
. I thank him for his candor in the matter. I also respect him for saying what he believes. This country is full of to many people whose sails turn with the wind. He has changed his website, not that he was under any obligation to in any way, and for that I thank him. I look forward to passing him on the trail.

Duc-out