outdated wonders of the world

Fah-Troop

I was just looking at the wonders of the world in my area and saw that many of them haven't been found in 5 to 10 plus years!  Wondering if the powers that be actually look at the caches and consider that fact, trying to get some actions on those caches, or are they just picking things our of their ARSE!

• Funny 2
  • Surprised 1
13 minutes ago, Fah-Troop said:

I was just looking at the wonders of the world in my area and saw that many of them haven't been found in 5 to 10 plus years!  Wondering if the powers that be actually look at the caches and consider that fact, trying to get some actions on those caches, or are they just picking things our of their ARSE!

Every cache in the world is assigned a Modern Wonder and about a third to a half of them were assigned an Ancient Wonder as well. It was done essentially randomly by a software algorithm.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Fah-Troop said:

It was totally done randomly by Groundspeak because they didn't even took 5 minutes to assign the real wonder with the corresponding digital one...

4 hours ago, Fah-Troop said:

If they're active listings, they're supposedly available to be found. What's the problem?

• Upvote 2
On 11/6/2020 at 2:48 PM, Fah-Troop said:

Every cache on the planet was assigned a wonder of the world. Many were assigned two, one old, one new. See the blog entry on this souvenir program.

And really, why shouldn't caches that haven't been found in a while count toward a souvenir challenge? DNFs don't prove it is missing, only that someone couldn't find it.

One of my favorite memories is of being the first person to bother finding this cache in over five years. Or the first to find this one in over three years, or of still being only the fifth cacher to qualify for this challenge. If I was chasing a souvenir when I found them, and they didn't qualify just because they don't get much traffic, I'd be more than irked.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, hzoi said:

Every cache on the planet was assigned a wonder of the world. Many were assigned two, one old, one new. See the blog entry on this souvenir program.

And really, why shouldn't caches that haven't been found in a while count toward a souvenir challenge? DNFs don't prove it is missing, only that someone couldn't find it.

One of my favorite memories is of being the first person to bother finding this cache in over five years. Or the first to find this one in over three years, or of still being only the fifth cacher to qualify for this challenge. If I was chasing a souvenir when I found them, and they didn't qualify just because they don't get much traffic, I'd be more than irked.

Finding lonely cache is common in my area. Found a bunch of 4 yrs on Remembrance day. 

Too bad those challenge are forbidden because I was able to find the 13th of 13 virtual in Nova Scotia earlier this year...