Adventure Lab Application Suggestions/Improvements

4billg

1.       Waypoint between two locations

• It would be great to be able to have a waypoint to guide them along the path you would like them to take.
  • For example, if there are multiple routes (different trails, streets, etc.) that can be taken to get from point A to point B but one of the routes would be more enjoyable and/or fit into the theme of the Adventure Lab better it would be great to be able to guide them in that direction with the application.
  • I know you can add a note in the app but text is limited and everyone doesn’t always read everything.

2.       Reserve an Adventure Lab theme/location

• When I was creating my Adventure Lab it took several weeks to develop and test. Someone else could have been working on and published a similar Adventure Lab at the same time.
  • It would be nice to be able to see what others are working on so you don’t duplicate the effort and reserve what you want to publish (for a limited time).

3.       Longer Location completion message

• Allow for more text.
  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

Still having issues with the 5th journal entry not being seen, and jumping right to completion screen.

For those adding parts of bonus information to each journal, that's a huge problem for users that don't realize they have to back up and swipe through the journals to see one that they didn't know existed.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

One suggestion I have is to be able to show all lab locations from all Adventures on a map instead of just one Adventure's lab locations on a map at a time.  Some Adventures have overlapping lab locations and yet cachers are still required to click on one Adventure at a time.

I agree that would be quite useful, but I also see the thinking behind showing only the main coordinates and leaving out the stages until the user focuses on the lab. This is becoming more and more of an issue as more labs are added and they're more likely to be spread out over a larger distance, at least in my area. But those changes cut both ways: it's more likely there's one or more stages where I'm looking even though I'm not looking near the main coordinates, so for that reason I'm more likely to want to see all stages of all labs, but, on the other hand, it might result in a confusing map when the various stages from multiple labs overlap with each other.

So what I'm saying is that I agree with this suggestion at this time, but I'm wondering if I'd regret the change in the future unless it was something I could turn on and off.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:43 PM, Mausebiber said:

Please add the ability to hide LabCache on the map which are already done!

I agree, 'cause it's not funny to see at least over 50+ Adventure mixed by new/unvisited/visited.

Please add such an option to get more focus to uncompleted AdventureLabs.

AdventureLabs_in_germany_around_cologne.png

• Upvote 3
On 10/11/2020 at 9:49 PM, ecanderson said:

Still having issues with the 5th journal entry not being seen, and jumping right to completion screen.

For those adding parts of bonus information to each journal, that's a huge problem for users that don't realize they have to back up and swipe through the journals to see one that they didn't know existed.

Dealing with this chews up a lot of characters in my stage 4 description so people know they have to make their way back to the 5th journal entry. I know the intercept for Rating and feedback is where it is to encourage people to do this and not just leave the AL but not seeing the 5th location info is a big problem. Maybe a small change like show the Rate and feedback plus add to the screen - See 5th location journal now. At least this would make getting to it easier and remind people they want to look at it. After writing Feedback, again the link to go to 5th location should be offered.

App works good.

Two points of improvement:
1) You have to logout and login again to get the number of found caches correct. It only counts your Lab caches now once you logged in. Would be nice if it get the correct number when you start the app.
2) (also mentioned above) after stage 5 you don't get the message which belongs to stage 5 but you get the "hurray you finished the cache" and can give a review. Would be better to first give stage 5 message and then the hurray message.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, dprovan said:

But those changes cut both ways: it's more likely there's one or more stages where I'm looking even though I'm not looking near the main coordinates, so for that reason I'm more likely to want to see all stages of all labs, but, on the other hand, it might result in a confusing map when the various stages from multiple labs overlap with each other.

So what I'm saying is that I agree with this suggestion at this time, but I'm wondering if I'd regret the change in the future unless it was something I could turn on and off.

Mkae a quick toggle button on the map to hide/show additional public waypoints, using a different icon.  Simple, imo.