Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Ariberna

bad log

Recommended Posts

Hello. 

One new geocacher found one cache mine and and insulted me. What can you do?

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder if it isn't a good idea to leave the log there for Groundspeak to see?

 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Wonder if it isn't a good idea to leave the log there for Groundspeak to see?

 

Reviewers and HQ can "see" deleted logs, why a CO deleting NM or DNF doesn't matter.  :)

Since they can see it, for the immediate, I'd ask what if someone's kid looks at that cache page ?

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing ever disappears at gc.com, does it?!?

CO will need to identify the cache number and preferably date, then, when filling out the contact form.

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ariberna said:

Hello. 

One new geocacher found one cache mine and and insulted me. What can you do?

 

 

Correction: this sounds more like an HQ issue to me.

Edited by Max and 99

Share this post


Link to post

I moved this thread because it is not a "Getting Started" issue.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Groundspeak told me that cache owners should take care of these logs themselves. 

 

I'm thinking it depends on the situation.

 

A one-off log from someone you don't know that says "This cache sucks and so do you" might warrant a simple log deletion.

 

But multiple vulgar logs, threatening logs, or harassment needs to be brought to Groundspeak's attention for probable suspension or banning. 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, JL_HSTRE said:

 

I'm thinking it depends on the situation.

 

A one-off log from someone you don't know that says "This cache sucks and so do you" might warrant a simple log deletion.

 

But multiple vulgar logs, threatening logs, or harassment needs to be brought to Groundspeak's attention for probable suspension or banning. 

I absolutely agree. That's why I edited my post earlier.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...