Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Pieman

Yellow dot on message

Recommended Posts

I have a yellow dot against a specific two message thread with another cacher that I have read multiple times without clearing the dot. I have tried reinstalling the app but this didn't solve it.  Any ideas? I know it's not related to souvenirs or drafts as it is against a specific thread and in any case I have no drafts and have viewed all souvenirs in the app.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I have a yellow dot against a specific two message thread with another cacher that I have read multiple times without clearing the dot. I have tried reinstalling the app but this didn't solve it.  Any ideas? I know it's not related to souvenirs or drafts as it is against a specific thread and in any case I have no drafts and have viewed all souvenirs in the app.

Mine is apparently permanent!

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, Pieman said:

I have a yellow dot against a specific two message thread with another cacher that I have read multiple times without clearing the dot. I have tried reinstalling the app but this didn't solve it.  Any ideas? I know it's not related to souvenirs or drafts as it is against a specific thread and in any case I have no drafts and have viewed all souvenirs in the app.

Maybe it might get fixed when another update comes other wise you might wanna email HQ about it.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, NightFall806 said:

Maybe it might get fixed when another update comes other wise you might wanna email HQ about it.

Mine has remained thru updates. I've gotten used to always seeing the yellow dot, which makes its purpose as a notification tool worthless. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

Mine has remained thru updates. I've gotten used to always seeing the yellow dot, which makes its purpose as a notification tool worthless. 

:signalviolin:

Share this post


Link to post

I too have this problem with a permanent yellow dot against a message that I have read multiple times on multiple devices.  And this problem occurs on both my iPhone & iPad.  Nothing I do will make it go away.  At least I know that deleting & re-installing the app will not fix this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2019 at 11:17 AM, NightFall806 said:

I thought the yellow dot goes away when you respond to a message or read the massage.

Normally, it does.  The issue is that for some, the yellow dot persists at all times.

Share this post


Link to post

My permadot is for a souvenir. It appeared at the start of the Mystery at the Museum challenge and has remained ever since, despite opening it, uninstalling/reinstalling and everything else I can think of. It disappears when I access the souvenir page through the app but reappears with the message Souvenirs (New) every time I go back. It's a minor annoyance but annoying all the same. 

Edited by Just_Matt

Share this post


Link to post

It isn't there on my PC but is on the app on my phone. Hate the geocaching app. Usually use c;geo instead as it's much more user friendly.

Share this post


Link to post

I too had a permanent yellow dot.  It was on a message I sent to a fellow cacher.  It would not go away.  About a month and half later, I had the opportunity to send another message to same cacher.  Once I sent that second message, the yellow dot disappeared.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DE_Cryptoman said:

I too had a permanent yellow dot.  It was on a message I sent to a fellow cacher.  It would not go away.  About a month and half later, I had the opportunity to send another message to same cacher.  Once I sent that second message, the yellow dot disappeared.

I went thru every message to make sure they were all marked as read, and the yellow dot remained. You give me hope that one day if I exchange a message with the right person, the dot will disappear. 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem with a persisting yellow dot.... and I‘m waiting for a solution by geocaching.com

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Have you tried not just reading the message but 'touching'/'hitting' it?
I have experienced these dots as well, but touching the message and wiping the page/message up and down usually solved the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

×
×
  • Create New...