Geocache in Nebraska

ernurse21

Not sure if you're saying you want to place it, or they will.    Sorta cover both.    ;)

I looked at the  Regional Geocaching Policies Wiki to find policies pertaining to areas within the state, and the only thing there for Nebraska says, "Contact regional reviewers to see if information is available.".

- So I'd guess, you could find the Reviewer of a cache closest to your Grandsons location and ask them.   :)

You'd need to communicate with a Reviewer anyway, as caches that distance fall under "vacation caches", and the Geocaching Hiding Guidelines say, "In  rare circumstances a vacation cache with an acceptable maintenance plan might be published".

Realize that you're still responsible for it (it's your cache...) ,  but would rely on them for maintenance.

Grandsons sounds young to me, so you'll probably have to get your son to agree to maintenance (with the "help" of the Grandsons).

No offense, but if what we've seen with scouts and other youth organizations are similar,  I think it's like kids and pets.

"But we promise to take care of it !" becomes the work of someone else when the novelty of that cache wears off.  

If they're really young, I feel it's a good idea to  place one themselves when they get older (with Dad).

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ernurse21 said:

My son and family have relocated to Nebraska. I live in Indiana. I've introduced the grandsons to geocaching. They really want to place one near their house but I don't know the rules for placing one there. How do I find out?

Near their house or at their house? I'm wondering how near you mean.

2 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

"But we promise to take care of it !" becomes the work of someone else when the novelty of that cache wears off.  

FWIW, I have seen a kid's cache not become the work of someone else. But to be fair, that was because it was muggled before the novelty of owning a cache wore off.

Of course, the novelty of owning a cache wore off pretty quickly after the cache was muggled...