Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TwistedCube

Clever Jar Hides

I have found a couple of really neat PB jar caches and was looking for some more ideas for hides like this. The urban caches are the ones that particularly fascinate me. Something about hiding a larger cache in an urban area is interesting, the ones that you spot after a bit of searching and think "What the heck, how did I miss THAT?" 

I know that PB jars are used mainly in the woods so it would be good to see some urban ones popping up.

I wouldn't be too thrilled seeing anything much bigger than a preform in many urban areas, in case it's found  (that, "it's a bomb !" thing...).

Remembered this thread from March too.

We've only found a handful of pb jars in the "woods".  Most we found were placed by new people (thinking it a good container) in small parks. 

Popular by location maybe.  :)

We made some for a friend with jar opener material (freebie stuff) glued to the lid for a gasket.  Worked for a while I guess... 

Lot of folks paint those green/brown/black and place them in stumps in our local community parks just off walking trails. Cover with a little natural camo. They seem to hold up in our wet environment pretty well.