Woo Hoo!

My son, 9 found his first geocache today.  Four of them, two with mom and two with me.  Today was everybody's first time out.  Been reading the forums, the FAQs and started off today.  So much fun!  Haven't logged the finds yet but will.  Did sign the log books.  Thanks all, for making this site what it is:  fantastic!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RevStabard said:

My son, 9 found his first geocache today.  Four of them, two with mom and two with me.  Today was everybody's first time out.  Been reading the forums, the FAQs and started off today.  So much fun!  Haven't logged the finds yet but will.  Did sign the log books.  Thanks all, for making this site what it is:  fantastic!

Woohoo!! Glad you all had fun!

36 minutes ago, RevStabard said:

Ok, I logged them.  I'm not sure what to put in logs yet, would someone mind checking them and seeing if they are appropriate.  If such a thing can be done...  Thanks so much.

They look fine to me. As a cache owner we love finders who share their experience.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
29 minutes ago, Korichnovui said:

I went through a short period where I thought writing things like “TFTC” was the cool thing to do. Once I learned what it stood for, I thought, “Oh, this is how we write logs.” Thank goodness I delved a little deeper and learned more about it.

I'll have to learn how to look up a member's logs.  I did find out, however, that you do know how to spell Schuyler!  :)

I think taking the time to write interesting logs is payback for the time & effort a CO has put into creating the challenges.  Sometimes there is not a lot I want to say, but at least can mention the condition of the cache, maybe it was a place with a nice view, maybe a place I can add local/personal information about.  Or maybe just a "woo! hoo!" of excitement at solving a puzzle.  It is good especially to start children off in the habit of saying more than TFTC that appears as the only entry so much of the time.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, grimpil said:

I think taking the time to write interesting logs is payback for the time & effort a CO has put into creating the challenges.  Sometimes there is not a lot I want to say, but at least can mention the condition of the cache, maybe it was a place with a nice view, maybe a place I can add local/personal information about.  Or maybe just a "woo! hoo!" of excitement at solving a puzzle.  It is good especially to start children off in the habit of saying more than TFTC that appears as the only entry so much of the time.

Ditto.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, RevStabard said:

We both are, of course!  I want to see if I can find a cache near a good fishing spot so we can do both :)

That's the beauty of geocaching.  You can bend and mold it into whatever you want it to be.     Have fun and be safe.  

PS   You'll find more fishing holes by geocaching than you could ever imagine.