Geo cheaters

Aer72

It has come to my attention that on one of my trackable I have shown a photograph containing the tracking code. 6 people have now logged that they have discovered it despite the fact that it is still at home. I have no clue what to do.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:46 AM, RuideAlmeida said:

As a owner you can delete any log that you know is not real or don't comply with the guidelines. It's up to you.

That's step 1.

Step 2 is to go to the trackable's page and delete that photo. 

If you uploaded the image directly to the trackable page, then you should see the link to that image directly below the text "Gallery Images related to [your TB name here]."  Click "edit," and the next screen will include an option to delete the image.

If you uploaded the image to a log, you'll have to go to that log, and then you should see the link to "Edit image" above the image.  Click that and again you'll have the option to "Delete image."

Although you may call them "cheaters" some people consider posting the tracking number online an invitation to "discover" it.  The number is out there now and may already have been shared on social media and other sites.  You can delete the logs as others have explained, but you can also expect to continue to receive logs in the future--which you can continue to delete.  Chalk this up to a learning experience and be more careful in the future.  

• Upvote 2