Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TyroneShoelaces

Search not working properly?

Anybody else having a problem with the Waymarking.com search feature?  I am trying to narrow down searches to within a search radius of my zip code, but I still get results from all over the world.  This was working just a couple days ago.

Edited by TyroneShoelaces

It works for me providing I also include my State eg 2541,NSW. If I just use the post code (zipcode) I get a cemetery in Ohio plus 7490 other waymarks with none in Australia. 

This is hit or miss for me, sometimes it gives me a location in Germany or the Netherlands. Getting worse for locations not entered into the search bar. Helps occasionally when I add town name, completely type out state full name (no abbrevations) and add USA (as I live there). 

I am trying to search for waymarks in Madrid, Spain and the result is incomprehensible. The first waymark is in Oklahoma, the second in Germany, the next in London, all with seemingly no connection to Madrid, Spain. 

I do think something is seriously broken.

Edited by RakeInTheCache

Have had this problem for a couple of weeks now...enter the place name and get a list of the latest waymarks published. Have had success using GPS coords from the area, but I agree, something is really wrong here.