Can't Change Cache Coordinates

Kiekow

I just placed a geocache and accidentally listed the coordinates for the wrong cluster of trees, about 150 feet away. I was notified by the FTF and tried to change the coordinates using a new log, but it thinks that the new coordinates are thousands of feet away. For reference, here's the coordinates:

Incorrect ones, current: N 39.06295, W 104.51132

Correct ones: N 39.10482, W 104.85157

So, in essence, the problem is that I can't change the coordinates of my cache (GC784T9) to be correct because it thinks it's thousands of feet away when in reality it's only about a hundred.

Your coordinates bring me to Colorado. First set is near Woodmoor and second set is east of Eastonville. They are indeed 18,5 miles away from each other.

Perhaps you messed up the coordinates? They're supposed to be in hddd mm.mmm format, while you put them in hddd.ddddd format.

Carefully check what you've got for your new, corrected coords, the difference between

N 39.06295, W 104.51132

N 39.10482, W 104.85157

is over 18 miles. If the necessary change is in the hundreds of feet, you've generated bad coords somehow.

Boulter distance calculator

The current (original) listed coordinates are not N 39.06295, W 104.51132 as stated in the OP, but N 39° 06.295' W 104° 51.132'

What Kiekow is trying to change it to, I don't know.

I just placed a geocache and accidentally listed the coordinates for the wrong cluster of trees, about 150 feet away. I was notified by the FTF and tried to change the coordinates using a new log, but it thinks that the new coordinates are thousands of feet away. For reference, here's the coordinates:

So, in essence, the problem is that I can't change the coordinates of my cache (GC784T9) to be correct because it thinks it's thousands of feet away when in reality it's only about a hundred.

I'm confused how you are getting your coordinates. It appears that you might be trying to get them from Google maps or another map service. I don't know how you could be at the cache location and read your gps or phone and get the coordinates for the wrong tree cluster. That you are trying to use DD.ddddd format also suggest you are using a map to get the numbers. The guideline say you are supposed to use a gps device to get the coordinates.

The cacher who found it did so by randomly searching in a different tree cluster. Another cacher posted "better" coordinates but didn't log a find. It's all very strange. If the suggested coordinates are correct it is only a move of 175 feet which you can do yourself, but you will need to visit the cache to confirm the numbers.

You're other cache seems to be a nice one that has been found with no apparent coordinate problems. I hope you can get this one straightened out so you can enable it. Good luck!

I'm not sure about yuor notation, but:

Old N 39.06295, W 104.51132 =N 39 06.295,W 104 51.132

New = 39.104820,W104.851570 =N 39 06.289,W 104 51.094

So if you might be able to do it, if you choose the correct representation for input coordinates.