[BUG] Russia country souvenir showing up in profile despite never having logged a Found It in Russia

Chrysalides

Looking at my country souvenirs, I was surprised to see Russia showing up, dated April 1 2016. I remember the joke caches, and I specifically logged a "write note" instead of a "Found It" so that it doesn't mess with my statistics. The "Found It"s logged by others were later converted to notes, but now I see that I have been given a country souvenir.

Sure, I can (and did) hide it, but since this is a bug that probably affects the other players as well, can it be fixed?

Edit to provide the only log entry I entered: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=28f21a2f-b586-4261-8975-b20962a05531

Edited by Chrysalides

Just let GC know and they will remove it. I had the same problem and they solved it for me.

Seems like I'll get a faster resolution that way. Thought someone might want to fix it properly, but maybe they don't monitor the forums for bug reports. Thanks.

I would disagree with that Mount10Bike is always taking care of issues that come up here proactively. This is the same as the general souvenir issue that if you log in a country or state or date accidentally and get that souvenir then later go back and delete the log it doesn't remove the souvenir from your system. He even used some of his archived caches to do it to avoid detection. Just cheating himself but not some are more interested in getting the souvenir than earning it.