Claim a Spot and Place a Cache in a Few Days

FuefinaWG

A spot that I've been coveting for 2 years has just become available and I want to place a cache in the location next weekend.

I know there's a way to claim the spot as long as a cache is placed in a reasonable amount of time. Can anyone offer directions on how to do this?

FuefinaWG

I know there's a way to claim the spot as long as a cache is placed in a reasonable amount of time. Can anyone offer directions on how to do this?

Just create a listing with the coordinates but do not send to a reviewer for publishing. This will block the place for 3 months.

Create a listing with the coordinates, AND write a reviewer note explaining your plans for the location, with expected time frame for development.

You don't need to submit it, until it's ready.

"If you are working on a complex geocache or are waiting on permission for your geocache placement, communicate your progress by posting regular reviewer notes to unsubmitted listings."

Relevant Help Center article - http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=460

(I own many unpublished disabled caches. I add note to all of them. Usually, "not to block any cache ready for publication - ignore or archive this". Sometimes, more like "I want this spot, will try to have ready by DATE."

Just create a listing with the coordinates but do not send to a reviewer for publishing. This will block the place for 3 months.

And just keep posting updates and you can block the place for years it seems. :(

And just keep posting updates and you can block the place for years it seems. :(

No, reviewers can use judgement and in cases where it appears it's not being worked on, you may lose the location.

No, reviewers can use judgement and in cases where it appears it's not being worked on, you may lose the location.

Well, I'm the interested party that is being blocked for over a year now on an island almost half a mile long. What would you suggest? :unsure:

Well, I'm the interested party that is being blocked for over a year now on an island almost half a mile long. What would you suggest? :unsure:

A year is a long time to wait, but sometimes could happen if there are issues getting a permit or permission, or if construction prevents placement.

In your case I see you have a cache that doesn't seem to be to have a proximity issue, but you need to check with your reviewer. There was one that never got submitted and was archived late last year.

A year is a long time to wait, but sometimes could happen if there are issues getting a permit or permission, or if construction prevents placement.

In your case I see you have a cache that doesn't seem to be to have a proximity issue, but you need to check with your reviewer. There was one that never got submitted and was archived late last year.

Thank you for your response.

I did resubmit my coordinates check again today, so I'm just waiting om the reviewer to respond again. Hopefully I can move forward with a new cache placement. :)

I would think that if someone created that listing and then did nothing for a couple of weeks while several others tried to create a listing at the location the reviewer would strongy encourage that the cache be placed well before 3 months time has elapsed.

I would think that if someone created that listing and then did nothing for a couple of weeks while several others tried to create a listing at the location the reviewer would strongy encourage that the cache be placed well before 3 months time has elapsed.

I would hope so, but I'm just not sure anyone.