An Interesting find while caching

mr.magoo

While caching a few weeks back at "Trollsbane" I found this handy dandy item on the way to the cache site.

a.jpg

b.jpg

It is/was a digital camcorder bag (alas it was quite empty when i found it). Trollsbane is near an overpass and Im guessing that someone threw the bag out of their car while on the overpass. Its is a perfect size for holding my GPS, digital still shot camera, goodies, it even has a mesh zippered pouch for my Bills and batteries. I use it constantly now. Any one else find "useful" things during a hunt that weren't part of the hunt?

Very nice. A lot better than the stuff I usually find in the woods... discarded televisions and refrigerators, golf balls and many kinds of rubber balls, black and blue tarps, the woodland apparel collection. (pants, shirts, underwear... eww) I only found one item that I thought was good enough to keep, but I turned it into a travel bug later.

I havn't been so lucky. I did however stumble accross a 1890's gravesite icon_redface.gif next to an old house foundation. Very CREEPY feeling when alone in the woods. I was using my old Magellan 2000 and was a little off the track. I did find the cache not too much later, and beat a hasty retreat.

"The earth does not belong to us, wwe belong to the earth."

Chief Seattle

There's a certain cache in NEPA where you might find my first GPS. I left it on the roof of my Rodeo and drove off without it!!! By the time I was a mile down the road and realized I didn't have it any more, it was long gone...never to be seen again. So...keep your eyes open while you're out, you never know what you might find!!!

Until next time...

Trusty