Found 10 cache's this weekend!

Team Shibby

What's the most caches you found in one weekend. We have only been doing this for two weeks and are totally into it. Like fiends! icon_wink.gif We were out at 2:30 and looking for a cache with a travel bug and ended up finding two! I think the best hunt was Bassoonpilot's wilds of wayne. Awesome climbing and so beautiful. But the best find was our first travel bug in hackensack green acres, which by the way is a really cool park and there are at leat 3 caches to be found in the area.

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

What's the most caches you found in one weekend. We have only been doing this for two weeks and are totally into it. Like fiends! icon_wink.gif We were out at 2:30 and looking for a cache with a travel bug and ended up finding two! I think the best hunt

Glad to see you're getting into the game! 2:30... is that in the AM?? Man, you're going to out-nightcache me. icon_smile.gif

The most I've ever found in one weekend was 38 caches. (Would have been 39 but one was missing.) But it was a 3-day weekend and 18 of them were virtual caches. (in DC)

quote:
Originally posted by StayFloopy:

Glad to see you're getting into the game! 2:30... is that in the AM?? Man, you're going to out-nightcache me. icon_smile.gif

The most I've ever found in one weekend was 38 caches. (Would have been 39 but one was missing.) But it was a 3-day weekend and 18 of them were virtual caches. (in DC)

2:30 am it was! It was really cool to night cache. Do you do it often? Have you had any trouble with cops?

I notice a few of the caches I found had a note to you. I guess you are one of the supreme cachers! ;-)

38 Caches! That is incredible. I don't think we will be getting close to that anytime soon.

I see you live only one town over from me. I'm in westwood. Maybe we can hook up for a night-cache or two. :-)

Krs

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

quote:

I think the best hunt was Bassoonpilot's wilds of wayne. Awesome climbing and so beautiful.

To quote Elvis: "Thank you, Thank you very much."

The most I've done is 10 in one day, 18 in two; something like 65 in a month. My stats pale in comparison with the venerable Floopy's! icon_eek.gif

quote:

2:30 am it was! It was really cool to night cache. Do you do it often? Have you had any trouble with cops?

I don't do it too often. Usually, it's one of two things: I'm far from home and it's dark already and there's just that one cache left to find, or if it's not too far from home and I know the area and I think it is possible to go in there in the dark.

No, haven't had trouble with the cops yet. Not what I'd consider trouble anyway. Typically, if you're parking somewhere at night, the police might stop by to see if anything's wrong.

Trippy1976 and I hit 14 in one day. We tried to use a laptop w/ a wireless connection to make us more efficient but it just backfired. We also took an hour and a half lunch and had a few pints in the middle of the excursion.

We did learn some lessons though and think we could do up to 20-25 if were better organized.

Mind you we started at sun-up and ended at sun-down. This was of course in April, so when summer hits there will be much more sunlight to work with.

quote:
Originally posted by StayFloopy:

Hey floop, didn't know you sleeped icon_wink.gif

By the way, now that we're into tick season and you're out there in the heart of Lyme country, how do you protect yourself??

Tks

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Hey floop, didn't know you sleeped icon_wink.gif

By the way, now that we're into tick season and you're out there in the heart of Lyme country, how do you protect yourself??

Honestly, I've hardly encountered any ticks. And that is in spite of bushwhacking directly to caches many, many times. (Schnuffles didn't tell me what the correct approach was. icon_wink.gif )

Best thing to do is to just get rid of the tick quickly as in my log entry here. I also use Deep Woods Off in the height of summer when the bugs are out.