Query Favorite Points

jamesmillsia

The GPX file does not contain the favorite count so there is no way to get it onto your device. You can search on the search page and then click on the favorite column to see which have the most in an area. The downside is that you can only download loc files from their.

I would start by selecting the area where I want to hunt, click on the Favorite column to sort by Favorite Points and then bookmark the ones with the most. Your PQ can then be created from the Bookmark list.

I would start by selecting the area where I want to hunt, click on the Favorite column to sort by Favorite Points and then bookmark the ones with the most. Your PQ can then be created from the Bookmark list.
I've used this approach myself. You can also filter in/out different types of caches, to select the examples of each type with the most Favorites. Or you can filter different difficulty/terrain ratings. This is extra work, but it helps adjust for cache types/ratings that aren't found often, since you can't filter by the percentage of Favorites yet.

GSAK allows you to draw a rectangle or circle around a certain area and pull all (or whatever types of caches you want based on D/T, size, type) caches from that area that you haven't found. You then refresh the cache info (not 100% sure it pulls FPs on the original fie you get) and then you can sort by FPs. I've also done it the way NanCycle suggests.