Central Jersey Get together?

nikcap

Fro and I will be there Saturday morning and Melvin's Madness and Muskrats,Mosquitos, and Muck are "Must Do" caches on our list. I think it would be cool to do a group effort on these two caches.

With the Nor'easter hitting tomorrow, won't the tides be a few feet higher than normal?

quote:
Originally posted by Team Ekitt10:

WOW, by my count there were 11 finds today in Cheesequake! A big hand to Ol' Magoo, found Muskrats, Mosquitos & Muck (even though he baled on Whitetail Retreat) You didn't do that one at lunch time did you Magoo?

Yeah My lunch hour turned into 2.5 hrs today [icon_biggrin.gif] after Park Loitering and Gordon treasure, i tried to go straight to Whitetail retreat but was blocked (only had my sneakers) then did 3 steps beyond. Was going to leave but headed over to see if Muskrats, Mosquitos and Muck looked doable. it didnt 'look' bad . Slipped on the knee high swamp boots, but from my approach it still took a good 45 mins round trip for me. I will say, maybe i shouldnt, that in retrospect, there IS a way to this cache that is much better than any other but I didnt see it until after the fact of course. It was a long lunch for me today. Need to do Whitetail retreat again if i can figure out the right way to get to it. as well as steam boat landing and melvins. Guess ill bring my raincoat for lunch tomorrow!

My youngest has first communion this Saturday and my house is filling up with guests. Sadly , i cant make this weekend activities in CQ. Have fun all.

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."

If the weather gets anybetter I'll be going today (Fri.) and camping out. If not then we'll show up early Sat. morning.

I still don't know what I should bring to the picnic. Any suggestions? I took the day off today so I can go and grab whatever is needed.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

Hip boots or if you have them snowshoes. With snow shoes , you could walk right across the muddy swap lands to Muskrats, Mosquitos and Muck. Basically something to displace your weight.

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."

quote:
Originally posted by mr.magoo:

Hip boots or if you have them snowshoes. With snow shoes , you could walk right across the muddy swap lands to Muskrats, Mosquitos and Muck. Basically something to displace your weight.

<<SNIP>>

I meant food.

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

quote:

Hey, maybe Hartclimbs can model the outfit he wore to the Passaic Hideaway cache for everyone.

I hope the weather holds out for the Cheesquake outing. It's seems like the weatherman's been wrong about the rain so far. Geez, I wish I had a job where I could be wrong 40 percent of the time and keep it (well I wish I had a job period icon_rolleyes.gif)

Anyway, have a great time everyone. Wish I could be there. And if Hartclimbs breaks out that outfit again, could someone get a picture!

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

I'll toss the snowshoes in the car as well! We'll see about whether they make it into the swamp....(as bad as it was digging them out from under the ice, I'd just abandon them behind if they popped off under a couple feet of muck!). No cameras please....

I'll bring a bunch of chips, frito's, etc.... general munchy fare....

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977