A hiking staff for serious geocachers

JohnX

How on earth would this be useful geocaching?
Come on, how can someone not get the joke when you use the words: "especially for post apocalyptic caching"?
But once you get the joke, what are you going to do with a perfectly good forum thread? Surely, you shouldn't let forum threads go to waste. (They'll be in short supply later, when you're post-apocalyptic caching forum posting.)

Very useful for caching in the woods if confronted by a small animal. Of course almost all small animals run away. Maybe not if they have rabies.

The $90 stick ($10 discount - woo-hoo) delivers a 950,000 volt shock. Power source? 3 batteries! So the ultra high voltage must mean ultra low amperage. The animal would feel a very sharp sting for an instant. Might help with a burly, surly groundhog, but might only enrage a bear. Also by the time the charging bear feels the sting, his claws are already in your chest.

:angry:

How on earth would this be useful geocaching?
Lifting a rattlesnake away from GZ, for example.
I've found rattlesnakes at GZ before. I let them be and logged a DNF. Even with a fancy all-in-one survival-geocaching-breadslicing hiking stick, I think I'd let them be and log a DNF.

Very useful for caching in the woods if confronted by a small animal. Of course almost all small animals run away. Maybe not if they have rabies.

The $90 stick ($10 discount - woo-hoo) delivers a 950,000 volt shock. Power source? 3 batteries! So the ultra high voltage must mean ultra low amperage. The animal would feel a very sharp sting for an instant. Might help with a burly, surly groundhog, but might only enrage a bear. Also by the time the charging bear feels the sting, his claws are already in your chest.

Stun-guns (the predecessor of the Teaser) are powered by a single 9V battery. Capacitors, transformers, and yes, low current are how they work. Apparently, they will leave the perp. "repelled" for 5 min.

A Taser, as many police departments carry, has only 50,000 volts at 26 watts.

The wattage is low so you don't croak while zapped, but you'll still drop to your knees (and often poop your pants).

It's a wonder that Victorinox are not onto this. Could you imagine a Swiss Army Hiking stick? :lol:

Take a look at the ads thru the links. It really has everything in one walking stick. A knife, a blowgun, a camera mount, etc. I did not see a concealed flask, unfortunately.

You said "everything"! :laughing: I wonder if with the right adaptors that would be good for those caches with "bring a battery" in the description!