Hey Yooper GeoCacher's!!!

Cap'nJon

Hello dere!

I'm in the Detroit area (elper? lowper? leper?!) but still a fellow Michigander! I would love to take a week and cache across the UP sometime. You guys are keeping all the waterfalls to yourselves!

Have you visited the Michigan Geocaching Organization's site yet? Come on over and say hi!

http://www.mi-geocaching.org

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

[This message was edited by Dinoprophet on July 14, 2003 at 07:59 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

Hello dere!

I'm in the Detroit area (elper? lowper? leper?!) but still a fellow Michigander! I would love to take a week and cache across the UP sometime. You guys are keeping all the waterfalls to yourselves!

Have you visited the Michigan Geocaching Organization's site yet? Come on over and say hi!

http://www.mi-geocaching.org

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

_Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back_ -- Dar Williams

[This message was edited by Dinoprophet on July 14, 2003 at 07:59 AM.]

Hey dino...the yoopers call everyone who lives under the bridge "trolls"!

Spelling edit

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

Hey dino...the yoopers call everyone who lives under the bridge "trolls"!

Ah, yes, that's right. Thanks.

But what do we call us?

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

I know what ya mean Cholo! I don't follow football until it is the local rivalries...the packers and the bears, or the detroit li-down's or Li-0n's and the viking's...etc...I think the packers are on the decline now, like the dead wing's are now...But it was nice for awhile to have atleast one Michigan team doing something right. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Smitherington:

Why is the Yooperfest not in the Yooper (Upper)? Or is the term broader than Michigan's Upper?

It may seem strange, but I read about this in the Kenosha News. The party is for those who once lived in the U.P. I know a few of these people, some live in the Waukegan, Il area, which is just south of Kenosha. Most are of Finnish ancestry, tho some are of English ancestry. The migration was probably due to jobs, it was certainly not for the scenery. frog.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cap'nJon:<BR>...God's Counrty to Da Max!!! icon_biggrin.gif<!--graemlin:;)--><HR></blockquote><BR><BR>You'll get no argument on that from me. I can't wait to start hearing 'Da Yoopers' song "Da Bears Still Suck". When that song was popular, it was the Packers who sucked, not the Bears. icon_biggrin.gif<!--graemlin::unsure:-->

Well, guess what I heard today from the cheesers? It just shows that you can't have your cupcake and eat it too. :unsure: