report reviewer?

TheMystic

I think I just got shook down for my cache site. My cache has been active since 2007. It is pretty remote so it doesn't get that many visits. But the dog and I go out and swap boxes and swag now and then. Anyhow out of the blue I get this email:

I have been contacted by a ranger at park name about cache placements that they don't currently have permission forms on file. This could be because caches were placed before the permission process, they lost the forms, etc but the fact is they don't currently have forms for the following placement(s) and I will be forced to archive the placement(s) if the form isn't submitted by their deadline of 5/1. I ask that you please submit the below permission form ASAP and respond back that you have submitted it.

I found this strange since this has never come up in the last 7 years. So I reply:

Yes I went through their process. I hand delivered the form and saw it filed. I doubt I'll find my copy. It has been awhile. If they want me to pull the cache let me know.

I get this response:

I have no doubt permission forms were submitted at one time, unfortunately with whatever changes that are occurring there they have identified a list of caches in which they claim no permission forms exist. All we can do is resubmit the forms, otherwise they will force me to archive the cache placements.

So I dig a little, find the form and email a copy of the approved form with this note:

Note their "FILE approved 9/23/07 wssf" on top right. This was the copy they gave me when it was approved. Let me know if that works.

I didn't hear anything back and thought nothing more about it. But this morning I get a log on my cache:

I was going to hide one here but found it taken :~(

This makes me think that the reviewer got a request to put a cache at my cache's location and just made up the 'lost form' thing so he could archive my cache. I haven't checked with the park manager or other cache owners yet. Does anybody else think this is strange?

This makes me think that the reviewer was "contacted by a ranger at park name about cache placements that they don't currently have permission forms on file."

The other log is coincidental. Reviewer isn't going to archive a listing so someone else can place there.

If you want to report to Groundspeak that you really appreciate how the reviewer went above and beyond in acting as your agent with the land manager, that would be great!

It sounds more to me that your reviewer was pro-active in covering your behind.

The park administration may well have lost or misfiled those permits. They contacted the reviewer as they probably didn't think of a better method of contacting the Cache Owners, not "knowing" where all the caches are located. Those with proper permits would be spared, those placements they later find w/o proper permits (or proof thereof) will probably go the way of the toaster (incinerator).

I think you should report the excellent work ethics of your reviewer to GS.

I didn't hear anything back and thought nothing more about it. But this morning I get a log on my cache:

I was going to hide one here but found it taken :~(

This makes me think that the reviewer got a request to put a cache at my cache's location and just made up the 'lost form' thing so he could archive my cache. I haven't checked with the park manager or other cache owners yet. Does anybody else think this is strange?

FYI, there are ZERO pending cache page submissions from the account that wrote this log. Great conspiracy theory, though.

So the reviewer says one thing, and instead of checking on it, you automatically assume it's BS....Yup. It could never be what someone says it is. The reviewer even told you what to do. Why don't you, oh I don't know...try doing what you have been told to do?

I ask that you please submit the below permission form ASAP and respond back that you have submitted it.
Edited by T.D.M.22