eventd

Glynis Purland

I am a premium member and get the weekly newsletter. However over the past year local events have not featured. I get ones for over 100 miles away but not ones 20 miles away. We have missed out on several as neither my partner or I are or ever wish to be on Facebook. We attended one on Saturday as I saw it mentioned by chance in a log. There is one apparently locally on Sunday but again only got this by word of mouth. We love Events can anyone help?

I am a premium member and get the weekly newsletter. However over the past year local events have not featured. I get ones for over 100 miles away but not ones 20 miles away. We have missed out on several as neither my partner or I are or ever wish to be on Facebook. We attended one on Saturday as I saw it mentioned by chance in a log. There is one apparently locally on Sunday but again only got this by word of mouth. We love Events can anyone help?

Do you have your "home" coordinates set in your account details? We've got the coordinates for a cache that is nearby set as our "home" location.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

A quick and easy way to check for newly-published events and caches is to check the "list newest in xxx" in your profile. If you have the "home" location set properly, this would be an option.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx (scroll down if you need to see the "List newest in xxx" link.

B.

Do you have your "home" coordinates set in your account details? We've got the coordinates for a cache that is nearby set as our "home" location.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

A quick and easy way to check for newly-published events and caches is to check the "list newest in xxx" in your profile. If you have the "home" location set properly, this would be an option.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx (scroll down if you need to see the "List newest in xxx" link.

B.

I'm probably just being blind, but I don't see anything remotely like "list newest in xxx" in my profile (and I do have my home location set).

Is this supposed to appear on the right-hand side with all the other links, like for pocket queries?

I'm probably just being blind, but I don't see anything remotely like "list newest in xxx" in my profile (and I do have my home location set).

Is this supposed to appear on the right-hand side with all the other links, like for pocket queries?

On this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

on the right side I see:

Favorites

13 Favorite points remaining

Logs Until Next Favorite Point: 7

Total Favorite Points: 38

Manage Favorites

How is this calculated?

Search Options

Search for geocaches

near your home location

(filter out finds).

List newest in Ontario

View nearby benchmarks

View nearby waymarks

Advanced Search

Update Home Location

On the profile page, all text in blue will be live links.

B.

On this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

on the right side I see:

Favorites

13 Favorite points remaining

Logs Until Next Favorite Point: 7

Total Favorite Points: 38

Manage Favorites

How is this calculated?

Search Options

Search for geocaches

near your home location

(filter out finds).

List newest in Ontario

View nearby benchmarks

View nearby waymarks

Advanced Search

Update Home Location

On the profile page, all text in blue will be live links.

B.

Interesting! On my profile I have nothing between "search for geocaches near your home location" and "view nearby benchmarks."

Profile_zps8981cfa0.png

Not a huge deal - I'm actually kind of glad I wasn't just being obtuse. :)

I have been a premium member for a long time, and I do not have that feature either.

Must be something in the settings.

Use the notifications I linked to earlier.

Not so sure that it is a notification issue. As non-PM, we used this feature to obtain our (back then) FTF finds.

That being the case, I see no relation to notifications.

Once becoming PM, we then set up notifications and did not rely on that "List newest in ......" link, anymore.

Just sayin'... it was there before AND after becoming PM.

Not so sure that it is a notification issue. As non-PM, we used this feature to obtain our (back then) FTF finds.

That being the case, I see no relation to notifications.

Once becoming PM, we then set up notifications and did not rely on that "List newest in ......" link, anymore.

Just sayin'... it was there before AND after becoming PM.

Was on my phone, and I figured the poster just wanted to know when events where.

Either way the notifications will help, although they won't fix the problem that the two users have.

And after checking I do have it(Premium account) I have access to two other accounts, one has it as well(PM account) but the other doesn't(basic account) Weird :sunsure:

Edited by T.D.M.22