Found my first (and second) today

Yamaha Dave

Hi all, only found out about geocaching yesterday and went today and found 2, the first was a nano in quite a public place and I felt a little conspicuous waiting for everybody to clear off so I could get a good look, the second was in a field out of the way and felt much more comfortable tramping through the mud with not a soul around.

Can't believe I'm just getting into this now it's an excellent hobby for getting outdoors and seeing new places.

Hi all, only found out about geocaching yesterday and went today and found 2, the first was a nano in quite a public place and I felt a little conspicuous waiting for everybody to clear off so I could get a good look, the second was in a field out of the way and felt much more comfortable tramping through the mud with not a soul around.

Can't believe I'm just getting into this now it's an excellent hobby for getting outdoors and seeing new places.

Welcome, and congrats on finding your first few caches.

I'm similar to you, I'm much more comfortable trampling through the muddy fields and riverside paths etc... to find caches, partly because I'm uncomfortable around people in general, I'm trying to tackle that issue though, I work in a large shop and I'm also hoping to attend a local geocache meet-up soon, so that should be interesting and hopefully help with my confidence around new people.

The other reasons are that it's usually much quieter, so you can have more fun climbing and searching without the need to look over your shoulder every 2 seconds. And also, I prefer the larger caches anyway, I love looking through the swag and signature items that people leave behind.

Anyway, welcome to the hobby, it's great fun and you'll love it :)

Welcome to the game. :)

Yes, we've always preferred rural caching than urban caching, too, but sometimes if you're just visiting a city briefly it's good to find a cache of any sort just to show you were there - a mark of your caching travels.

You may like to know that there's a separate forum for the UK & Ireland but most UK geocachers are to be found in facebook groups these days.

MrsB :)