Does your caching name still suit you?

MI_CO

I picked mine when I was on another forum, and it was a little more appropriate there as the wife is into the RV more.

However, I could never get her to go Geocaching, so the name seems a little off. But I'm still "excessively fond of or doting on my wife." so I guess it still fits. B)

Mr.Yuck will never not describe me, so yeah, I'm good. I actually had a different name from 2003-2009 or 2010 (can't remember) but I got sick of it, and hopefully it's since forgotten. :ph34r:

No it is not.

Yes, it is.

Who could ever forget Ringbone? :laughing:

You mean this? By the way, he did log in last year.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

I notice that when I sign the logs, I automatically sign it QTBlueMoon, so I just went in to capitalize those letters, and it told me that that username was already taken. Guess we'll leave it as is. Ours still fits, always will.

You most probably can do this by using two changes: First to something like "qtbluemoonX", then again to "QTBlueMoon". If you do it just after another, then chances are unlikely that in the meantime someone takes "QTBlueMoon" befoe you can retake it.

Well...my hair/"hed" certainly isn't nearly as "red" as it was back in 1995 when I picked it for my AOL screen name. Then when I started caching in 2005, it was the natural choice for a caching name. Wouldn't want to change it now, I'm too well known in these parts for the name, and my signature red ink both in logs and online.

I notice that when I sign the logs, I automatically sign it QTBlueMoon, so I just went in to capitalize those letters, and it told me that that username was already taken. Guess we'll leave it as is. Ours still fits, always will.

You most probably can do this by using two changes: First to something like "qtbluemoonX", then again to "QTBlueMoon". If you do it just after another, then chances are unlikely that in the meantime someone takes "QTBlueMoon" befoe you can retake it.

I don't believe that would work. I believe that once a name is registered on the site, it can't be used again. Contacting and asking gc.com to make the changes from lower to upper case might work.

Let's see, everyone calls me frog and i like playing in mud, even when i'm caching. Mine fits me to a tee! :laughing:

Shark-n-Beans are a lawyer and an accountant? LOL brilliant!

I haven't changed my username since I started except to capitalize the J (which was always supposed to be capitalized). My name is still Josh and I still call my philosophy Joshism and I still have a number of traits that make me me (Josh's isms = Joshisms).

I originally wanted jellis, but it wasn't available. So for some stupid reason I added 50. Later when they started allowing the name changes again and I got tired of my friends asking every birthday are you changing it to 51,52,53 etc. Notice jellis name was available again and quickly changed it. Happy ever since. Only time I wish I could change it again is that my license plate is jellis1 cause jellis was taken for the plate and jellis1 is still unavailable.

Edited by jellis