contact members

broardside

Hi there and welcome. This is an international forum so we do need a little more information about where in the world you are. Most geocaching countries have regional forums and you may have more luck in finding someone to help by looking more locally. Hopefully you'll have your first find in the bag soon!

Now we know exactly where to send you for help

:)

Maybe a moderator could move this to the UK and Ireland forum (rather than start a new post there)

If you have Facebook you may also want to look there as many areas of the UK have their own individual groups.

A selection of events local to you are listed in the Newsletter emailed weekly. Make sure your home coordinates are correct (rough ones if you are shy, say the town centre) and that your settings request the newsletter.

You should do that for receiving email as well. The list will show the most current and closest to you.

Also you can scan the geocaching maps around your area looking for the event marker, it's a white 'pin' with reddish edges on my system... but should be in the legend. Using search around your coordinates will produce a range controlled list of caches as well and events appear there as well.

Being a Premium member makes it much easier of course with better control, but us Basics can still do it the hard way.

It's a skill you should have anyway for searching for caches you want to try.

Edit: Oh yes... forgot... Welcome aboard!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

While you are on the other side of the globe, I would jump at the chance to help if you were local to me. There is nothing like hands on training. Maybe, you can reach out to the cache owners of the caches you are having trouble finding? If you click on their names on the cache description, you will go to their profile where there is a link to send them a message.

If you're on facebook have a look for a group, there are several and they're much more active than this forum these days (geocaching UK is a national group, and there are many regional ones though I don't know if there's one for the East Anglia region and can't check as I'm at work). Another idea is see if there's a local event coming up and get along to it, you'll most likely find people there who've found the ones you've been looking for.

I'm Hampshire, so a bit too far away to be of any practical help :(