Can't log out of my account

Pharisee

Has there been a 'update' recently because I can't log out or change accounts.

I'm logged into Geocaching.com as 'Pharisee' but I also have a second account. If I 'Sign Out' of Pharisee, I get the normal Sign In page come up. I've entered my second username and password, clicked the Sign In button and I'm logged in as Pharisee again. This is happening on both my desk top PC using Firefox and my lap top which uses Internet Explorer.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem

Sometimes when you sign in from a different IP like your smartphone it will disengage you from geocaching on the laptop. It's more complicated than that but yes it does happen to us. Once I've signed in and clicked box to remember me on each device it's fine for weeks. Then it will glitch out for a day and normal again. But if you clear your cookies on your smartphone or clear history on your laptop and have to sign back in again - it seems to reset them all again. So you have to sign back in, click remember me and this will store a cookie which I think helps geocaching accept both devices again. If that makes any sense. However if you share an account with someone like we do - and they then sign in on their phone - throws it all into chaos again. I can tell when Seaglass Pirate No.1 has been on with their phone because of this.

Hope that may help.