Virtual for Adoption

Hi all,

I'm looking for a virtual cache to adopt. If anyone would be willing to transfer their virtual cache that they no longer want Just email me. I would absolutely love to maintain one as we can no longer place them. I'm looking forward to your replies!

Edited by Rapaladude

Virtuals won't pass through the adoption utility. The only way for anyone to adopt a virtual would be to be given the password of the account that owns the virtual - essentially you'd need to adopt the entire account.

Grandfathered cache types cannot be transferred to a new owner. Neither the adoption tool on the website nor Groundspeak will be able to make the transfer for Virtual, Webcam or Locationless caches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

Thought I read about this one virtual which was adopted out, but I imagine that was a rare exception anyway, but can't find that one in my memory banks to know if true. Thought it was GC6D43 now that I think about it but I do not know for sure on that one. Its a very high profile one so easier to perhaps get exceptions on the top 1% of them.

I wish one could transfer them, but then again, I wish for a lot of things that do not come true.

Edited by lamoracke

Rapaladude, have you looked at the Waymarking site here? I enjoy virtual listings, but this site no longer accepts them. That's the only reason that I use some of the other geocache listing services is because they still accept virtuals, but Groundspeak is my home site. Waymarking takes a little getting used to, but it's a great part of this site. B) Some of the better geocachers here are also Waymarkers. :D

Thought I read about this one virtual which was adopted out, but I imagine that was a rare exception anyway, but can't find that one in my memory banks to know if true. Thought it was GC6D43 now that I think about it but I do not know for sure on that one. Its a very high profile one so easier to perhaps get exceptions on the top 1% of them.

I wish one could transfer them, but then again, I wish for a lot of things that do not come true.

I know someone who adopted a virtual, but it was around 2006, and if I'm not mistaken, that was about one of the last ones I've seen where "they" allowed it. Is it possible to slip one through the cracks in the adoption process? I can't answer that. :)

Thank you all! To answer a few questions, I have an earthcache actually, I even got it published on the first try :D I just wanted a virtual to add to my list of hidden caches. I have considered Waymarking, although it just doesn't have the appeal to me that the geocaching site has.

Though I know another geocacher in my area who has a list of virtuals that were adopted, I think within the last couple years but don't quote me on that. I saw that he had done so, so I got excited and started searching for a cacher that was willing to transfer ownership but it looks like my dreams are ruined. :(