What's going on with Geomate Jr.?

Oh gosh, they're probably just updating the website. Currently takes you to some kind of server software page, although I've never in my life heard of that particular software. Not that I'm like a server expert or anything. It's a Monday, a "slow" day on the internet; I'll bet it will be up tomorrow.

Or they could have totally thrown in the towel, and the whole concept is up for sale again. Any takers? :P

On second thought, that website has probably had the server page for a week or more, as that's how it's indexed, with the IP address as the url, on Google. It's supposed to be mygeomate.com of course.

However, the website of Brand 44, the less than year old owner of the Geomate Jr., is still up, and promotes the geomate Jr. as one of it's products. And there's plenty of contact info there too.

Brand 44 website

So is it safe to purchase a Geomate Jr & update cable since the site is reported up back up and running? I was looking into getting a Geomate Jr. for my nieces to Geocache with, while I also used the iPhone app with them. But I saw that the Geomate had been sold/switched companies multiple times & some users reported that you couldn't update to any new caches, since the upload site was down. Is this still correct now that the site seems to be back up and running?

If the site is live again (and it will stay that way for the future) I will gladly purchase a Geomate Jr. + update kit, as it is exactly what I was looking for my nieces. Any help or updates are appreciated, as I'm ready to pull the trigger but got gun-shy when I started reading reports of the update site being down (for good), and then maybe returning...

So is it safe to purchase a Geomate Jr & update cable since the site is reported up back up and running? I was looking into getting a Geomate Jr. for my nieces to Geocache with, while I also used the iPhone app with them. But I saw that the Geomate had been sold/switched companies multiple times & some users reported that you couldn't update to any new caches, since the upload site was down. Is this still correct now that the site seems to be back up and running?

If the site is live again (and it will stay that way for the future) I will gladly purchase a Geomate Jr. + update kit, as it is exactly what I was looking for my nieces. Any help or updates are appreciated, as I'm ready to pull the trigger but got gun-shy when I started reading reports of the update site being down (for good), and then maybe returning...

No one can predict how long a web site will be up. You can hedge you bet buy purchasing the unit from REI as they have a "no questions asked" return policy with no time limit. You will likely pay a little more than other places but should the support dry up you will be able to return the unit.

No one can predict how long a web site will be up. You can hedge you bet buy purchasing the unit from REI as they have a "no questions asked" return policy with no time limit. You will likely pay a little more than other places but should the support dry up you will be able to return the unit.

Thanks, that is a good idea, I might check that out! I was just wondering since the site appears to be up (at the moment) are people able to update the cache information? If they are able to update successfully that will go a loong way to pushing me to get the device now so at least I could update it once & it would be updated with 2013 cache's. Thanks for the answer though!