Anyone suffered credit card fraud recently?

other1

Someone used my credit card to make fraudulant purchases. The disturbing part is that what they bought was GPSes.. and not just any GPSes, handheld, caching friendly GPSes. Seems like quite a coincedence. I wonder if someplace I buy caching stuff from got hacked or something. Anyone else had anything like this happen recently? It could just be random but the fact they used my credit card to buy GPSes seems sooooooo fishy to me.

Someone used my credit card to make fraudulant purchases. The disturbing part is that what they bought was GPSes.. and not just any GPSes, handheld, caching friendly GPSes. Seems like quite a coincedence. I wonder if someplace I buy caching stuff from got hacked or something. Anyone else had anything like this happen recently? It could just be random but the fact they used my credit card to buy GPSes seems sooooooo fishy to me.

It sounds like an employee at the store you bought caching equipment from.

Could be any number of ways, people, etc. Bottomline, report it and make it clear that you were not the purchaser. I suspect you have, but should be said.

There are store employees, online key stroke trackers, compromised credit card company databases, family "friends" in your home, workers (like plumbers/electricians, etc.) that stray in your home or your trash. Just remember (to everyone) that isn't hard to get at your info unless you make it hard.

Well it could have been someone who was watching you-knows what you buy, and buys similar things, hoping you won't notice.

Of course it could always be someone buying you a gift.

I doubt that specific person was buying the OP a gift, unless it was his/hers spouse that shares the same credit card info.