Solar flare may disrupt GPS signals this weekend.

JohnX

And ironically enough, your avatar shows you on fire. And I can't remember what the old one was, but you have definitely undergone a username change. Unless you stole some guys avatar, which is unlikely. :laughing:

This is probably about the 4th or 5th time this has come up since I've been active in the forums (since 2005), and I've never noticed anything whacky going on with GPS during those time periods. On the other hand, I've owned various shortwave radios since about 1975, and a few times when solar flares were in the news, I've checked that out, and it does indeed get totally messed up. :P

And ironically enough, your avatar shows you on fire. And I can't remember what the old one was, but you have definitely undergone a username change. Unless you stole some guys avatar, which is unlikely. :laughing:

Curiously enough, the on fire guy is not me and was the first and only avatar I have ever had. It's just a gif I found on the internet about 8 years ago. Also, I can't imagine why you think I changed my user name. I logged my first cache in 2/2002, I made my first post in 11/2003 and I can find my user name posted in a log for an event I co-hosted back in 8/2005.

Curiously enough, the on fire guy is not me and was the first and only avatar I have ever had. It's just a gif I found on the internet about 8 years ago. Also, I can't imagine why you think I changed my user name. I logged my first cache in 2/2002, I made my first post in 11/2003 and I can find my user name posted in a log for an event I co-hosted back in 8/2005.

OK then, some guy stole your avatar, or has a similar dude on fire one then!! :P If it's just a .gif on the internet, maybe this other guy just found it too.

I should have looked at your join date, his was much later, in the past 4 years at most.

I'm probably not going to find any caches this weekend, but I'll let you know if the GPS on my phone messes up checking into places on Foursquare. :)