Help with listing this cache properly.

I'm working on a new hide and want to make sure I list it correctly.

Here's the scenario:

The cache and the log are both at the listed coords.

The container is a 'normal' sized container but there are 'tools' inside that container to help you get to the log.

So, there is no room in that container for swag.

I do, however, have a separate container for swag that is 10 feet from the container with the log and tools.

There is a note on the side of the main container that the swag container is behind you 10 feet.

The container for swag is a 'normal' sized container as well.

The swag container does not need to be found at all unless you're trading swag.

The find and logging take place at the posted coords.

What are yall's opinions on this?

I was thinking Traditional/Normal.

It's not really a multi.

I hope this made sense.

Brian

*GeoPunx*

P.S. I have purposefully vague because a number of local cachers here read these forums.

I'm working on a new hide and want to make sure I list it correctly.

Here's the scenario:

The cache and the log are both at the listed coords.

The container is a 'normal' sized container but there are 'tools' inside that container to help you get to the log.

So, there is no room in that container for swag.

I do, however, have a separate container for swag that is 10 feet from the container with the log and tools.

There is a note on the side of the main container that the swag container is behind you 10 feet.

The container for swag is a 'normal' sized container as well.

The swag container does not need to be found at all unless you're trading swag.

The find and logging take place at the posted coords.

What are yall's opinions on this?

I was thinking Traditional/Normal.

It's not really a multi.

I hope this made sense.

Brian

*GeoPunx*

P.S. I have purposefully vague because a number of local cachers here read these forums.

I had a cache like that once.

Find the container with the log and get your smilie.

It was listed as a 'traditional'.

Mind you, the 'trades container' was much easier to locate than the 'log container'.

:anibad:

I'd just make clear that there are two containers so that you don't get notes about missing trackables, etc.

This is already in the description.

The main container has a sign on the outside that says, "Logbook is in this container."

And the swag container has a note that says, "Logbook is NOT in this container. Swag only!"

I also noted that only logs on the official logbook, in the official container would be honored.

Edited by *GeoPunx*
I'd just make clear that there are two containers so that you don't get notes about missing trackables, etc.

This is already in the description.

The main container has a sign on the outside that says, "Logbook is in this container."

And the swag container has a note that says, "Logbook is NOT in this container. Swag only!"

I also noted that only logs on the official logbook, in the official container would be honored.

be prepared for the task of checking online logs against the actual logs. My guess is that eventually you will have a logbook of some kind deposited in the swag container, and some will not bother with the actual log container.

be prepared for the task of checking online logs against the actual logs. My guess is that eventually you will have a logbook of some kind deposited in the swag container, and some will not bother with the actual log container.

Luckily I have very easy access to this cache. It's on a friend of mine's property and not hidden well(on purpose) at all.

I realize people will eventually do their own thing and I will just have to deal with it as it comes.

Luckily the local cachers here(who this is mostly for) will read and follow instructions....I hope!

At the risk of taking this thread a tad off course...

What exactly constitutes a "Field Puzzle?"

I'm not sure that is a good fit, but...

A 'Field Puzzle' is a puzzle that can only be found by figuring out a puzzle that is at the location of the listed co-ordinates.

If you made it a 'mystery' with the 'Field Puzzle' attribute, most cachers would be able to figure it out.

OTOH, I'd bet most cachers would be able to 'figure it out' if it was listed as a traditional.

'Tools' was very vague in case a local cacher came along..

My five year old daughter and her friend had zero issues with it.

If you can't open the container and find the logbook but need something like a stick to retrieve it, it's a mystery cache. If that's not the case the owner s mistaken.

I think a traditional with the field puzzle attribute. I think you should also mention in the cache description that a puzzle needs to be solved to get the log out.

I have 1 cache where the actual cache is a micro and I've put a lock n lock of toys next to it. The main trouble I think you'll run in to is people finding the lock n lock and complaining there's no logbook and/or putting slips of paper in it and bypassing the actual cache. Even if it's well-labelled, you'll probably still find people doing this.

At the risk of taking this thread a tad off course...

What exactly constitutes a "Field Puzzle?"

I'm not sure that is a good fit, but...

A 'Field Puzzle' is a puzzle that can only be found by figuring out a puzzle that is at the location of the listed co-ordinates.

If you made it a 'mystery' with the 'Field Puzzle' attribute, most cachers would be able to figure it out.

OTOH, I'd bet most cachers would be able to 'figure it out' if it was listed as a traditional.

I find this both mysterious AND puzzling! Glad we have you veterans around to slice and dice the definitions and categories!

Last night; I posted this same thing as a Reviewer Note on the listing.

But, I was not vague in that note; since they need to know exactly what's up.

The response was:

Traditional

Regular

Field Puzzle attribute.

Thanks again for all of your opinions and insight.

I'm learning more and more with each hide!

Brian

*GeoPunx*