Who's using nuke?

trippy1976

Hey y'all. I've been bumping elbows with that crazy Crashmore over in MD and Dekaner in NY. We're all using PHP Nuke to run our groups' sites and Crashmore (he's so clever) figured out that we can actually syndicate group news accross sites automagically.

So, I can have NY and MD news from their front page syndicated to a section of the MI site.

Pretty swanky.

So... I was wondering who else uses nuke and who else would be willing/interested in having their local news syndicated accross to MiGO. I guess it's pretty easy to do (Dekaner did it last night... I'm a slacker due to event preparation) and I think it's kind of cool. Plus it only puts links with headlines on the page so it brings people to your site if you have interesting news.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

Backend.php huh....

Sure...it'll be a little bit untill NYCMAGG is up and runnin but it seem like an ok idea. I backend some stuff from nevada Geocaching. They seem to have pretty good coverage.I plan on writing a script that will merge several Backend.php files from several sources to one file. when it's done I'll let you guy's know.

-Muslickz

SMLlogo.gif

muslickz,

There's already a module that does this. "more news"

Something I've been learning about Nuke is that if there is something you'd like it to do... someone's probably already programmed it. icon_smile.gif There have been small gaps, but all in all there's a LOT out there waiting for the pickin'.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

I have preciously had a nuked site that I am now converting into a geocaching site.

Are there any geocaching specific nuke modules/blocks?

What sites are nuked?

quote:
There's already a module that does this. "more news"

Something I've been learning about Nuke is that if there is something you'd like it to do... someone's probably already programmed it. There have been small gaps, but all in all there's a LOT out there waiting for the pickin'.

Are you using this module? What is it and where can I get it?

I'd like to set up a 'geocaching news' section to my site.

thanks

-Stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

I'm in Southwest Penna. The modules/blocks that I am looking for right now are: (1) an integrated calendar where users can add events on the fly, (2) something that will pull news from several [geocaching] sources into the same block on the front page, (3) something where users can actually review geocaches [which will be searchable by cache ID], (4) a method to get PQs for a 100-200 mile radius of my area and create both a list of caches and a stats page for local cachers [like skydiver's page] and (5) there are others that I cannot think of at the moment.

I am in the process of integrating Coppermine Photo Gallery into the site and I have found several helpful administrative files for user administration, etc.

-Stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Green Toad (f/k/a Stroh) on September 11, 2003 at 12:50 AM.]

1) There are a number of calender options out there, try a few and pick your favorite.

2) There isn't a module that we've found yet that will integrate news from other sites directly into your news area, though this is something that Geommunity will be working on. You can still run more_news and syndicate news in a seperate block.

3) Again, nothing yet other than the default review module. Geommunity to the rescue ... eventually.

4) Haven't even explored this yet. Please share what you find out.

- Dekaner, KKF2A Operative

banner1v2.gif

9Key,

Geommunity is up and running again with a few tech projects rolling along. We have only PHP expertise at the moment but syndication to all platforms is an ultimate goal for any module that is developed.

One such project being led by Rusty is a central repository of geocaching related links. Then you could just install the web front end on your site and updates and new adds would be syndicated to your site.

It's off the topic of nuke, but that kind of gives you an idea of where things might go on geommunity projects. If you're interested in getting involved and being the ASP expert (we all seem to be PHP junkies so far) lemme know.

I am working on getting www.gsmgc.org up and running as a nuke site. The cool thing is that I think I have Invision Powerboards sucessfully imbeded into PHP-NUKE instead of PHPbb. I am working out bugs, but it looks promising. For those of you who don't know it, invision is what geocaching.com uses for their forums.

P.S. You won't be able to hit the domain for a few days. - Server upgrades

P.P.S.

Where are we on the thread linked below?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...628&hl=php-nuke

Edited by thestosh