Pocket Query for Cranborne Trail

indycrusade

Hi

Quite new to this but going to New Forest tomorrow for weekend and want to attempt the Cranborne Trail of 95 ish caches in one day. I wanted to do a pocket query to download just these or ones that were within a short distance but everytime I enter a postcode that is nearby it misses some of the caches or gives me too many! Is it possible to download just this users caches in any other simpler way?

Thanks

Hi

Quite new to this but going to New Forest tomorrow for weekend and want to attempt the Cranborne Trail of 95 ish caches in one day. I wanted to do a pocket query to download just these or ones that were within a short distance but everytime I enter a postcode that is nearby it misses some of the caches or gives me too many! Is it possible to download just this users caches in any other simpler way?

Thanks

Rather than centring your PQ around a postcode, try centring it around some co-ordinates instead. Pick a point in the centre of the ring and set the radius to catch the one furthest away and you should be good to go. If you don't want too many on your list, try setting the number of caches to about 200 or 300.

Thank you so much! Was beginning to have a little panic that my little foray might not happen. Happily they are now all downloading!Remains to be seen whether I can walk that far in a day and drag my two girlfriends along too!

You're planning a walk in the woods with TWO girlfriends and you want to look for geocaches..... !! :huh:

Thank you so much! Was beginning to have a little panic that my little foray might not happen. Happily they are now all downloading!Remains to be seen whether I can walk that far in a day and drag my two girlfriends along too!

You're planning a walk in the woods with TWO girlfriends and you want to look for geocaches..... !! :huh:

:laughing:

Another way to do it would be to centre the query on one of the geocaches. I've done the Cranborne series an thoroughly enjoyed it. Although you'll be tired at the end, as you're so close, you have to make it 100 in a day so you might want to grab a few on the way there.

Micky

Hmmm .... I'm not sure how the link below got there but I don't seem to be able to get rid of it so I'd recommend ignoring it!

Edited by Micky Two Pints

Well we survived but only managed half of it! It was the most beautiful day but we had a bit of a late start due to a few too many vodkas the night before (we don't get together very often and went a bit mad!). Anyway we were on the trail by 11:15 after deciding to leave one vehicle (mine) at Sixpenny Handley and then driving back to Cranborne in case we were knackered or it was too late. We had the most fantastic walk and thoroughly enjoyed it - got frightened to death by a man with local hunt hiding in bushes and jumping out at us and enjoyed the tree climb. Unfotunately we were using my iphone and it soon became clear that the battery wasn't going to last all day. Used it as little as possible but it just lasted until Cache 53 at Sixpenny Handley. We were jubilant and looking forward to getting into my campervan for a nice cup of tea when I realised I'd left the keys back in Cranborne! Eeeek!!! No buses, no taxis, 4:30 by now and two friends who were starting to look a bit pissed off! Oh dear I thought we were doing so well! Anyway using my charm I went to village shop and a lovely lady offered us a lift back to Cranborne in her car. Friendships restored we returned in 2nd vehicle, bought her a bottle of wine to say thank you and made our way tired but happy back to our campsite!

Thanks for all your useful tips. I would love to return soon with no hangover and do the whole thing in one day! I will look at bookmarks - never used them before!

Hope I've given you all a good laugh at my blondeness!!!