Archived Caches You Found

worstcaster

Has anyone else looked back at the caches you've found to discover they were archived. Seems like a good time to add a cache and bring other cachers to a place you enjoyed before.

I look all the time. However, before you run out and place a new cache, make sure you know why it was archived. If it was due to permissions issue, constantly being muggled, etc, you may not want to replace it, even if it was a great location.

A cache outside my sisters house got archived after 4 find (was it 4?) but was actually a really good cache it just went missing before it even sat there for a week. (it may still be there as it was pushed right into a fir tree type tree) CO's just stated it wasn't meant to be.

I always think i'm going to go there and have a look and then i spend time with my sister instead.

yep, I own one such cache. Old Cracker Cabin http://coord.info/GCREFY

The original was archived somewhat inexplicably. And the spot is too interesting to not have a cache on it.

I also put out a cache to bring people to the best of the locations that had been part of 13 mile multi when it was archived.

However, that hide was nuisance to own, and not found much. I archived it. There are now other caches in the area, so all's well.