Date of last visit

thehoomer

Just a quick one.

We logged a DNF on 27th October on GC2YB13.

It has been found today by magd2884 who has well....(ahem), only a few cache finds under his belt. How embarrassing :anicute::rolleyes: .

Why the confusion then? Well, when I went into his profile, it says his joining date and his last visit was on 27th Sept. He has found and logged several caches since 27th Sept, including his find today. Is this because he has logged the caches by phone or something? I'm not a Techie-Becky :blink: .

Ahh, that explains it then, I suspected it may have been something like that. Thanks both :)

Note to self..... Emerge from the Dark Ages.

Actually, scrap that, I quite like it here :laughing:.

Edited to add...

More and more people are caching by phone now, does this mean that GC.Com needs to look at this or isn't it important? I think it is.

Edited by thehoomer

Edited to add...

More and more people are caching by phone now, does this mean that GC.Com needs to look at this or isn't it important? I think it is.

For cache owners, I think GS need to look at it.

As GS are keeping a close eye on owners of Virtual caches, to make sure they are checking for bogus finds on the Grandfathered caches... The lack of a recent 'logged in' date could put the virtual cache at risk of being Archived.

For cache owners, I think GS need to look at it.

As GS are keeping a close eye on owners of Virtual caches, to make sure they are checking for bogus finds on the Grandfathered caches... The lack of a recent 'logged in' date could put the virtual cache at risk of being Archived.

The lack of a "Logged in" date visible to others on a persons profile on the website does not necessarily mean that GS doesn't have a record of when that person logged in by other means...

Not sure the above quite ties in with my query, but it seems connected:

I made a rare "field log" from my iPhone today because I'd got a FTF and wanted others to know relatively quickly so's not all to be dashing for the unachievable goal at the same time. Back on the main site, I see that my stats still have 5th November as blank and there's no option to update them at present. Will this remain the same or will it eventually update? The log has the correct date on it and it was even 5th November in the Pacific by then (obviously some things different over the time zones from the UK to the US).

Any suggestions?

:huh:

I made a rare "field log" from my iPhone today because I'd got a FTF and wanted others to know relatively quickly so's not all to be dashing for the unachievable goal at the same time. Back on the main site, I see that my stats still have 5th November as blank and there's no option to update them at present. Will this remain the same or will it eventually update? The log has the correct date on it and it was even 5th November in the Pacific by then (obviously some things different over the time zones from the UK to the US).

Any suggestions?

:huh:

My understanding is that Phone Apps do not access the Site through the Portal, which trips the Last Visit Date. Instead they access via the API, which uses a different route, and does not trip the last visit date. This is something which has been known for a extended period, and why Reviewers will generally check the Last Find Date made by the account as a better indicator of activity. Where the account appears not to have logged on for a extended period.

In many of those cases, the 2 will match up.

In the case of the OP, the high chance is that a Phone App will have been used to log the persons finds, which as access was via the API. No Last Visit Date would have been tripped. But the Finds Dates, gives a better indicator of Site Access.

Deci

Your log shows Nov 5 on the website. Your stats page says you have 3015 finds; the Geocaches tab on your profile page says 3016. I think it's just that the stats haven't been updated yet.

Thanks both. Shortly after I wrote the post, the stats page gave me the option to update, last having been updated 19 hours previously. It hadn't allowed me to do so before then.

All sorted now.

:)

Don't quote me... The stats refresh along the lines of:

The stats update every 24 hours.

You can refresh them yourself -within reason. (I think the 24 hour rule comes in.)

Or, if another cacher visits they will refresh.